• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

North Somerset Railway in 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

Doomotron

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2018
Messages
1,427
Location
Kent

The North Somerset Railway website was seemingly last updated in 2023 with an announcement for more news would be coming soon, but that news never appeared. Weirdly the copyright date has been updated to show 2025 so the website is not abandoned. I have sent a message to them about any progress, but I was wondering if anyone on here knows of any news about the railway project or the Class 117 that they bought and wanted to refurbish.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Ashley Hill

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2019
Messages
5,676
Location
The West Country
I thought this project was dead in the water. Seemingly not ,or perhaps having its last gasp. YouTube exploration videos show the Radstock site appearing quite derelict.
 

The exile

Established Member
Joined
31 Mar 2010
Messages
9,463
Location
Somerset

The North Somerset Railway website was seemingly last updated in 2023 with an announcement for more news would be coming soon, but that news never appeared. Weirdly the copyright date has been updated to show 2025 so the website is not abandoned. I have sent a message to them about any progress, but I was wondering if anyone on here knows of any news about the railway project or the Class 117 that they bought and wanted to refurbish.
If the webpage is based on a template then the “footer” may well be set up to update the year automatically.
 

Legolash2o

Member
Joined
27 Sep 2018
Messages
687
As a developer myself, I set copyright dates to always show the current year.
 

Wilts Wanderer

Established Member
Joined
21 Nov 2016
Messages
3,199
I think the limit of achievement with this one was the attempt to drive up awareness by producing a Train Simulator route. Quite old but forms the basis of a rather better ‘Heritage Railway’ version - the Mendip Line i believe it is called.
 

Worf

Member
Joined
12 Aug 2017
Messages
162
The Company still exists and submitted accounts last in Oct24. Have £65K in the bank!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top