Does anything these days go south to west ( or vice versa ) that'd benefit from putting the curve back in through the depot site?
Do you mean the curve that connects the GWML to the WLL? Because that's still there, and was used right up until December 2008 by Crosscountry.
... The former cross country services from Kensington Olympia took a different route between the two
Of course there are alternative routes available from the Thames Valley to Clapham Junction (Reading and Windsor & Eton routes on SWT), but never say never. It's only a few years ago that some people would have said the same thing about a Watford (and points north) service to Clapham Junction.I can't really think of any reason you'd need a commuter flow from the Thames Valley to Clapham Jct and onwards but I hardly went south of the Thames when I was a Londoner, so maybe there's something I missed.
And some of us remember when the only service on the WLL was only a rush-hour Olympia-Clapham Junction shuttle!![]()
Of course there are alternative routes available from the Thames Valley to Clapham Junction (Reading and Windsor & Eton routes on SWT), but never say never. It's only a few years ago that some people would have said the same thing about a Watford (and points north) service to Clapham Junction.
And some of us remember when the only service on the WLL was only a rush-hour Olympia-Clapham Junction shuttle!![]()