• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No off peak fare Euston to Welwyn North?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhNoAPacer

Member
Joined
11 Mar 2013
Messages
721
Location
Egremont Cumbria / Northampton
BRFares shows off peak fare day return stď class as being available but National Rail site only shows an Anytime ticket. Is there an off peak available and is break of journey permitted as I believe it is?
Thanks in advance.
I am asking for someone who has a season ticket into Euston.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,736
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Would it be possible to buy a ticket from Kings Cross instead?

What route is proposed? You'd want U1 (not London Terminals) to Welwyn North if going via the Tube from Euston. But why on earth not just walk (it's only 15 minutes, you'd almost walk further through tunnels to go by Tube) and get a ticket from Kings Cross? Or use contactless on the bus.

If you're after a continuous journey for Delay Repay type purposes, you want a ticket from U1.

Edit, there are no U1 fares but there are U12 fares EDIT: Anytime only though:
http://www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig=0790&dest=WLW
 
Last edited:

OhNoAPacer

Member
Joined
11 Mar 2013
Messages
721
Location
Egremont Cumbria / Northampton
Not my journey, doing some research for someone else who has a season ticket Northampton to Euston. I will suggest walking to Kings Cross. It is still odd that the national rail website only shows anytime ticket as being available Euston to Welwyn North.
 

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,736
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
Not my journey, doing some research for someone else who has a season ticket Northampton to Euston. I will suggest walking to Kings Cross. It is still odd that the national rail website only shows anytime ticket as being available Euston to Welwyn North.

I'm not sure why that is, but there are all sorts of issues with pricing journeys from London terminals that don't directly serve the place you want i.e. where the first leg would be the Tube. It's hard to get these issued correctly anywhere other than a staffed ticket office who can do the ticket from U1 or U12 as appropriate.

But yeah, I wouldn't bother with the faff of that, I'd just walk over to Kings Cross (about 15 minutes at most) and buy another ticket there.

Edit: Ah, I see, there are indeed only Anytimes from U12, I was reading it wrong:
http://www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig=0790&dest=WLW

That explains it, it looks like NRE is pricing it correctly for once!

But yes, just walk to Kings Cross and rebook there.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,463
Location
Yorkshire
I just love the fares system. I must have misinterpreted or misused BRFares, I put in Euston to Welwyn North and thought I was shown an Off Peak day return.
If you search for Euston Und to Welwyn North, this is what you get:
http://www.brfares.com/#!fares?orig=ZEU&dest=WLW

All the fares are Anytime Day.

The Zone U12 London to Welwyn North will suffice; the customer could change at Finsbury Park or King's Cross St Pancras.

But if it was me, I'd walk to King's Cross/St Pancras (via Brill Place/Phoenix Road; see map) and get a London Terminals ticket.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top