Hi guys,
I havent seen an 8 carriage train going to Moorgate for quite a while now...anyone know if they are all 6 carriage trains now?
Regards
Mailman
Really? I seem to remember most of the rush hour trains as being 8-car, running to Moorgate until Snow Hill opened. Even the Luton/St Albans starters8 carriage trains only ever ran into Moorgate from Bedford (and even then only rarely)
I think he meant that the Thameslink trains into Moorgate didn't run that often.Really? I seem to remember most of the rush hour trains as being 8-car, running to Moorgate until Snow Hill opened. Even the Luton/St Albans starters
Didn't they also run on a Saturday and Sunday as well or is my mind playing tricks? (probably is lol)I think he meant that the Thameslink trains into Moorgate didn't run that often.

Didn't they also run on a Saturday and Sunday as well or is my mind playing tricks? (probably is lol)![]()
mailman said:Hmmm...well, unlike the 12 car trains from Finsbury....Im pretty sure there used to regularly be 8 car trains in to Moorgate?
Having said that...its real "inconvenient" when for some reason FCC runs a four carriage train during peak times in to Moorgate too.
Hmmm...well, unlike the 12 car trains from Finsbury....Im pretty sure there used to regularly be 8 car trains in to Moorgate?
Having said that...its real "inconvenient" when for some reason FCC runs a four carriage train during peak times in to Moorgate too.
Mailman
And the other reason: the Moorgate tunnel is third rail! So you could possibly get a 4 car (317/319) down there... but you would have to roll it down there, and you wouldn't be able to get it back out![]()
You'd be able to get a 319 back![]()