• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

No Maltese cross on cross London ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,992
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
I bought a ticket on Trainsplit for Hastings to Paddington. It routes me via Victoria, which is fine. However there's no Maltese X on the ticket to indicate it is valid for the tube between Victoria and Paddington. Is this normal?

My confirmation email states the ticket I bought is Hastings to Paddington, but the ticket reads Hastings to London Underground Zone 1, and the Advance reservation on it states Hastings to London Victoria.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,541
Location
Yorkshire
Tickets to London Underground Zone 1 don't have cross London markers because they are not cross-London tickets; they are valid to any LU destination in Zone 1.

See the following threads from 2022 and 2019, respectively, on the same subject:
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,844
However there's no Maltese X on the ticket to indicate it is valid for the tube between Victoria and Paddington. Is this normal?
Yes. The maltese cross is for cross London journeys, going beyond a second London Terminals station. A ticket to a second Terminal, such as Paddington, has correctly been issued to London underground Zone 1.
 

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,992
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
Thanks both, and to my embarrassment I find that the previous threads were posted by myself :oops:. My apologies, memory isn't what it was.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

On an unrelated matter, my outbound journey involves getting the tube from Paddington to Charing Cross, which I've never done before. Can anyone advise where I get the tube from at Paddington, and which line it's on?
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,541
Location
Yorkshire
On an unrelated matter, my outbound journey involves getting the tube from Paddington to Charing Cross, which I've never done before. Can anyone advise where I get the tube from at Paddington, and which line it's on?
It's a direct journey on the Bakerloo line and is accessed from the main concourse.
 

Paul Kelly

Verified Rep - BR Fares
Joined
16 Apr 2010
Messages
4,235
Location
Reading
On an unrelated matter, my outbound journey involves getting the tube from Paddington to Charing Cross, which I've never done before. Can anyone advise where I get the tube from at Paddington, and which line it's on?
It's a fairly easy journey; the exit at Charing Cross is right at the front of the train (so turn to the right when entering the Bakerloo Line platform at Paddington). It's a long dull walk underground to Charing Cross National Rail station (Charing Cross Bakerloo Line station was formerly known as Trafalgar Square, which gives a clue as to where it is located). I find it more pleasant to exit the Underground station as soon as possible (i.e. follow the escalators upwards soon after you leave the platform) and walk to Charing Cross above ground.
 

trainophile

Established Member
Joined
28 Oct 2010
Messages
6,992
Location
Wherever I lay my hat
It's a fairly easy journey; the exit at Charing Cross is right at the front of the train (so turn to the right when entering the Bakerloo Line platform at Paddington). It's a long dull walk underground to Charing Cross National Rail station (Charing Cross Bakerloo Line station was formerly known as Trafalgar Square, which gives a clue as to where it is located). I find it more pleasant to exit the Underground station as soon as possible (i.e. follow the escalators upwards soon after you leave the platform) and walk to Charing Cross above ground.
I arrive Paddington at 13:24 and have a timed Advance on the 14:08 from Charing Cross. Is this long enough for the connection? It's what the through itinerary gave me, but presumably doesn't allow for getting lost, not knowing where to go!
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,541
Location
Yorkshire
I arrive Paddington at 13:24 and have a timed Advance on the 14:08 from Charing Cross. Is this long enough for the connection? It's what the through itinerary gave me, but presumably doesn't allow for getting lost, not knowing where to go!
It meets the minimum interchange time, so yes.

However next time you book a journey, if you would like additional interchange time, choose 'advanced options', specify a station and then input how many additional minutes you require.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top