• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nice surprise on East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

leytongabriel

Member
Joined
27 Jan 2013
Messages
639
YES! Had several 'quiet coach' journeys completed disrupted by noisy families and howling infants. Kids will be kids, why are they allowed in quiet coaches at all?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

FenMan

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2011
Messages
1,542
Noise-cancelling headphones are excellent for avoiding high blood pressure .....
 

cjmillsnun

Established Member
Joined
13 Feb 2011
Messages
3,275
I remember crossing the Scottish boarder, the PA announced "welcome back to God's own country" ;)

Obviously incorrect, as the train wasn't in Yorkshire ;)
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Related to the quiet coach, as per the OP, on my last East Coast trip I found a place in coach B, only to be confronted by a crying baby all the way from Kings X to York. Despite several looks of disaproval nobody was willing to take the lead and speak to the couple with said baby.

Not much that can be done about a baby. It's different to someone shouting down their phone.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Wind your neck in. Procreating does not excuse you from following rules. Screaming babies do not belong in a quiet coach unless there is literally no space elsewhere in the train, or crowd conditions make it impossible to get to any space available elsewhere.

How about you wind your neck in. Kids will be kids. I don't have kids and am not a lover of them. My last journey from York to Kings X was in the quiet coach, opposite a mum and dad and their 2 kids (how they all fitted on 2 seats I have no idea). The kids were noisy, I had a hangover (I had been at a friend's wedding the day before). I was in a foul mood, so I smiled at the parents and the kids, the kids smiled back and all was well. Had it been someone shouting down the phone I would probably have rammed it down their throat with the mood I was in. But it was kids, they were just being kids.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top