• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

next fcc online forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,924
Location
UK
I don't think anyone is supposed to know. The last few are basically anonymous members of FCC staff replying to questions from Peter Skuce about depot visits and train liveries.

Certainly if I'd have known, I'd have filled it with a 1,000,001 questions about the PIS. Sadly they've had a long time to fix the issues now, so I'd probably only have about 900,001 questions to ask now.

(Mind you, I would like to know why a 377/5 has been at Hornsey for weeks now. Are they having problems opening the doors to get in?)
 
Last edited:

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,924
Location
UK
It does break up the complaints from people on the TL side!
 

wyvfe1

Member
Joined
20 Apr 2010
Messages
61
I don't think anyone is supposed to know. The last few are basically anonymous members of FCC staff replying to questions from Peter Skuce about depot visits and train liveries.

Certainly if I'd have known, I'd have filled it with a 1,000,001 questions about the PIS. Sadly they've had a long time to fix the issues now, so I'd probably only have about 900,001 questions to ask now.

(Mind you, I would like to know why a 377/5 has been at Hornsey for weeks now. Are they having problems opening the doors to get in?)

377 511 and 377 510 where there last week.
 

Class377/5

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2010
Messages
5,594
(Mind you, I would like to know why a 377/5 has been at Hornsey for weeks now. Are they having problems opening the doors to get in?)

The 377/5 are going there for the wheel lathe. So far 501, 502, 507, 510, 511 have been there. Can't remember off the top of my head every unit that goes but they leave Cauldwell and get through the Core around the time of the last service and return the following evening.

As Yes they go via MML, WLL and NLL before finally getting to Hornsey many hours later and its not FCC drivers doing it. One of the Freight companies but not sure which one.
 

Firestarter

Member
Joined
15 Sep 2009
Messages
555
As Yes they go via MML, WLL and NLL before finally getting to Hornsey many hours later and its not FCC drivers doing it. One of the Freight companies but not sure which one.

Don't suppose you can give a more detailed route how they get to hornsey?
Personally never understood why Tottenham North Curve Tunnel is not/hasn't been electrified.
 

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
I don't think anyone is supposed to know. The last few are basically anonymous members of FCC staff replying to questions from Peter Skuce about depot visits and train liveries.

I thought it would be one of those passenger-manager things where the passengers get to grill the company on all their failures! :D
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,924
Location
UK
I thought it would be one of those passenger-manager things where the passengers get to grill the company on all their failures! :D

We've not had those since Elaine Holt left!

Now it will be a lot of 'thank you for your question' with a diplomatic answer, or one that avoids all the points of the question and no follow ups at all.

In the 'old days', many people were emailed privately for more information and received detailed responses AND ACTION days or even weeks later. When the current FCC forum closes, that's it until they announce (or don't announce) the next one.
 

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
We've not had those since Elaine Holt left!

Now it will be a lot of 'thank you for your question' with a diplomatic answer, or one that avoids all the points of the question and no follow ups at all.

Fantastic. I'm really *yawn* looking forward to it...:roll:
 

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
I was thinking this would be a passenger forum for customers to dish the dirt on FCC! As it isn't , I just won't bother!
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,924
Location
UK
It's not to dish the dirt or ask about your upcoming depot visit, but to ask questions about the service, timetables, ticket anomalies and so on.

These questions rarely get a proper answer.
 

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
Waste of time then! :)

Then again, FCC could certainly use a bit of advice on punctuality. It's been slipping a lot lately.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
FGW in my eyes has been transformed (pun intended) but to be fair FCC have the Thameslink project to contend with for which I believe they will witness little benefit unless they win the next franchise
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,924
Location
UK
I'm still managing to get trains that are running on time (sorry if that sounds like an 'I'm alright Jack' comment!), but the CIS doesn't help when it says a train is running late and it turns up on time.
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
Thing is the service has to be running more then 5 minutes late to officially be late which is the same for other TOCs such as London Midland, Southern and South West Trains for example so they shouldn't be apologising for 4 minute delays at all and especially not when the service is actually on time.
 

Skimble19

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2009
Messages
1,508
Location
London
We've not had those since Elaine Holt left!

In the 'old days', many people were emailed privately for more information and received detailed responses AND ACTION days or even weeks later. When the current FCC forum closes, that's it until they announce (or don't announce) the next one.
I can vouch for that! These days, as said, the only reason to go on there is to see just how many questions Peter Skuce manages to ask about liveries, depot visits and the odd question about 365 526 (Which is generally avoided or answered with a generic "insurance" answer..):lol:
 

Aictos

Established Member
Joined
28 Apr 2009
Messages
10,403
I disagree, I firmly believe it's the questions which make the forums as they are, maybe if others were to engage FCC to the same extend as here then there wouldn't be a thousand questions relating to refurbishments, diffusers and seat types!

Neal Lawson is probably the best MD that FCC has had to the extend he's actually thanked staff when it goes wrong, never saw the others do that and he talks to you as if he was only a driver or cleaner etc...which makes him that much more approachable.
 

HST Power

Established Member
Joined
25 Nov 2010
Messages
3,704
I'm still managing to get trains that are running on time (sorry if that sounds like an 'I'm alright Jack' comment!), but the CIS doesn't help when it says a train is running late and it turns up on time.

That happens CONSTANTLY at Potters Bar! :)
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,924
Location
UK
Does Neal Lawson sit on the forum and answer questions though?
 

jon0844

Veteran Member
Joined
1 Feb 2009
Messages
30,924
Location
UK
Probably if he is the MD.

I'd like to know for sure though.

I don't get the impression the people who can properly answer the questions, or make changes, sit on the forum. Certainly they never sign off their answers like the old days, where you could see if it was the MD, head of planning, revenue and so on.

As it stands, you have no way of knowing if Neal Lawson is answering or someone who has been asked to run the forum while he goes into a meeting!

I think I've used almost all of the forums since they started.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top