• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newport to Nottingham fares

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drsatan

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
1,887
Location
Land of the Sprinters
Good evening

I plan on travelling from Newport S Wales to Nottingham on 13 March, returning on 15 March. On both locations I will be travelling late afternoon

I have looked on eastcoast.com for Advance Purchase fares, but the cheapest fare I can find is the Off-peak Return(SVR). I've also looked on trainsplit and takethetrain.com, but both sites do not show any AP fares at the times I want to travel.

I've looked at going via London, which is no cheaper. Can anyone get a cheaper fare than the SVR?

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

185143

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2013
Messages
5,367
I'll have a look. Do you have any railcards? If not, are you eligible to any?
 

Haywain

Veteran Member
Joined
3 Feb 2013
Messages
24,775
You are looking to travel at a very busy time, so it's no surprise that a discounted Off Peak Return is the cheapest you are being offered. I'm not convinced you are going to do sufficiently better than £46.60 to make the loss of flexibility worthwhile.
 

John @ home

Established Member
Joined
1 Mar 2008
Messages
5,148
Trainsplit indicates that a few pence can be saved by splitting Off-Peak Returns at Cheltenham.
 

185143

Established Member
Joined
3 Mar 2013
Messages
5,367
You can travel via Manchester for £34.30 with split advance tickets. Its around 2 hours slower though!
I looked at sending you via Crewe and Derby, but the lack of advance tickets between CRE-NOT make that quite expensive!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top