merlodlliw
Established Member
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...n-fails-to-impress-passengers-91466-27786753/ £22M covered doughnut comes to mind
No further comment from a Gog


No further comment from a Gog






£5,000 per week takings running a cafe?! I'm in the wrong business!
http://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/w...n-fails-to-impress-passengers-91466-27786753/ £22M covered doughnut comes to mind
No further comment from a Gog![]()
To be honest Newport fails to impress most people. Sorry if anyone lives there.
If only Stevenage would get pulled down..! Mind you, having said that it'd probably get replaced with something even more ghastly with no facilities for passengers and just a couple of bus shelters on the platforms! :roll:First thought was "Ugh, it's another Stevenage"
They've gone and built a structure that everyone will think is hideous in twenty years' time. It's probably going to get pulled down by 2050, to be replaced with something that will also go out of fashion in twenty years.
So did I. It seems ludicrous that the original entrance/exit couldn't be retained if only with simple ticket barriers. Plus there's no reason why the existing Victorian footbridge couldn't be used in addition to the modern one.You are right, the pressure to complete the station in time for the Ryder Cup was huge. However, I have concerns about the suitability of the plans in the first place. I must admit, I was under the impression that the new footbridge and buildings would be used in addition to the old buildings, and that the original entrance would remain in use. It appears I was wrong!
thas not a lot for a cafe business. especially in such a location
And it's nearly all cash, so HMRC must be wondering why they only claim to make £5 a week.![]()