RJ
Established Member
I had an Off Peak ticket for my Newcastle to King’s Cross journey yesterday (Sunday) and thought I’d give the 1221 Lumo service a chance as the journey planner was saying the journey time was just 2 hours and 34 minutes, and reserved seats on it.
This seemed quite ambitious but I wanted to try it. In the event I took the 1158 LNER service because something went wrong with Lumo - the data suggested the train left the depot in Edinburgh 59 minutes late because of delayed traincrew. Still, I was curious as to whether the journey time was achievable. It went from leaving Newcastle 37 minutes late to arriving at King’s Cross 51 minutes late, giving a journey time of 2h 48m.
So my question is, does this service, when it is running to this schedule, reliably do the journey in 2h34m? Also, are there any faster services on this route?
This seemed quite ambitious but I wanted to try it. In the event I took the 1158 LNER service because something went wrong with Lumo - the data suggested the train left the depot in Edinburgh 59 minutes late because of delayed traincrew. Still, I was curious as to whether the journey time was achievable. It went from leaving Newcastle 37 minutes late to arriving at King’s Cross 51 minutes late, giving a journey time of 2h 48m.
So my question is, does this service, when it is running to this schedule, reliably do the journey in 2h34m? Also, are there any faster services on this route?
