Hi,
I am currently with Newcastle University doing a PhD and I will be moving to Cambridge in February as my wife has found work with the University down there. The problem is that I need to be in Newcastle 3 days a week, and so I thought that I would travel up on, for example, the Monday morning and then back down to Cambridge on Wednesday.
I've checked the seasonal ticket calculator for an annual ticket... £16,748!?
What a joke...
Anyways... I only need one return ticket a week. However, I don't know which days I need to be in Newcastle and so am looking for a sort of open ticket, once a week.
Is there something like this available at a decent price? I really don't want to have to drive as A) it is terrible for the environment, B) it's a long trip... but I will be forced to if I cannot figure out another way.
Kind regards,
Rich
I am currently with Newcastle University doing a PhD and I will be moving to Cambridge in February as my wife has found work with the University down there. The problem is that I need to be in Newcastle 3 days a week, and so I thought that I would travel up on, for example, the Monday morning and then back down to Cambridge on Wednesday.
I've checked the seasonal ticket calculator for an annual ticket... £16,748!?
Anyways... I only need one return ticket a week. However, I don't know which days I need to be in Newcastle and so am looking for a sort of open ticket, once a week.
Is there something like this available at a decent price? I really don't want to have to drive as A) it is terrible for the environment, B) it's a long trip... but I will be forced to if I cannot figure out another way.
Kind regards,
Rich