• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newcastle [NCL] - Sittingbourne [SIT] travel today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr395008

Member
Joined
3 May 2011
Messages
118
Location
Newcastle
Hello,

I urgently need to travel today from Newcastle to Sittingbourne. My return date would either be Saturday or Sunday.

I've been searching on National Rail/EastCoast/Cross Country websites to see what kind of prices I would be looking at but the majority of the tickets are around £80.00 for a return.

Is anyone willing to help me out to find a cheaper ticket?

I've got a Young Persons Rail Card so can use this too.

Thanks,

395Johnny
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
You won't be able to get Advance tickets for your outbound journey today, and as your journey is priced by East Coast, buying a walk-up single and an advance for your return would be more expensive than a walk-up return. The cheapest option for a through journey is a super off-peak return at £83.75. There may be splitting options, stay tuned.
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,482
Location
Yorkshire
A Super Off Peak Return is £83-75, this is valid on any train departing Newcastle for the rest of today as all the barred trains would have departed by now! (restriction for outward travel is: arrive King's Cross at or after 1117).

Valid any train between London and Sittingbourne.

Valid any train back at weekends.

Grand Central's £15 deal has now ended, so I can't think of any way to make it cheaper.
 

island

Veteran Member
Joined
30 Dec 2010
Messages
17,913
Location
0036
Does not look like there are any splits on unfortunately. Getting cheap tickets at such short notice is never going to be easy.
 

Mr395008

Member
Joined
3 May 2011
Messages
118
Location
Newcastle
Right, thank guys.

I had a look and couldn't find anything cheaper, just thought I'd post on here to see if anyone else could find something.

Thanks anyway. :)
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,482
Location
Yorkshire
There may be splitting options, stay tuned.
I very much doubt it. Not to return a different day.

The only suggestion I would have involving splitting is:

Newcastle-Sunderland Anytime Day Single £2-00
Sunderland-London GC Only Off Peak Rtn £55-45
London-Sittingbourne Plus High Speed Off Peak Rtn £16-90
Sunderland-Newcastle Anytime Day Single £2-00

The saving is negligible!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top