What would be the best option to go from Newcastle to Sheffield or Retford, then via Brigg to Barnetby (Grimsby or Cleethorpes), there to Doncaster via Scunthorpe, Doncaster to Goole and Goole to Newcastle via Knottingley and Leeds with an 18-25 railcard?
Not necessarily the cheapest option, but I think the most cost-effective one would be a North East rover (4 in 8 days £84.50 / 7 days £97) plus an advance ticket from Newcastle to Doncaster due to the morning peak limit and lack of Brigg line (and Knottingley – Goole?) services on weekends.
I think advance tickets from Newcastle to Retford and Leeds to Newcastle would be the cheapest one-day option, but I'm not sure what the cheapest option past that would be beyond looking for advance tickets.
Not necessarily the cheapest option, but I think the most cost-effective one would be a North East rover (4 in 8 days £84.50 / 7 days £97) plus an advance ticket from Newcastle to Doncaster due to the morning peak limit and lack of Brigg line (and Knottingley – Goole?) services on weekends.
I think advance tickets from Newcastle to Retford and Leeds to Newcastle would be the cheapest one-day option, but I'm not sure what the cheapest option past that would be beyond looking for advance tickets.