• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Newby who needs advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cammyboo

New Member
Joined
16 Jan 2020
Messages
1
Location
Manchester
Hello :smile:

I'm not sure if I'm in the right place but I'm wanting advice on Northern Rail complimentary tickets. We have a number of them to use and looking at their timetables they travel from Manchester to Scarborough but Transpennine cover part of the journey, will the Northern Rail tickets be accepted on this route?

Many thanks in advance,

Cammyboo
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

SuspectUsual

Established Member
Joined
11 Jul 2018
Messages
6,819
No they won’t unfortunately

Manchester to Scarbados is possible via Northern only but it’s a longer slower journey with changes at Halifax or Leeds and then Hull
 

_toommm_

Established Member
Joined
8 Jul 2017
Messages
6,304
Location
South West London
You've got two options really:

Manchester Victoria to Halifax (three an hour if I remember correctly)
Halifax to Hull (once an hour)
Hull to Scarborough (once an hour)

or...

Manchester Piccadilly to Sheffield (once an hour)
Sheffield to Scarborough (once an hour)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top