mattdickinson
Member
Virgin have installed new ticket machines at Kings Cross which also offer advance tickets and seat reservations. I think they are the first to offer these options.
Virgin have installed new ticket machines at Kings Cross which also offer advance tickets and seat reservations. I think they are the first to offer these options.

It's already there, but not in service for a couple of days, I understand.Hopefully they'll install one in place of their existing machine at Stevenage in the near future.
Yes to the first, no to the second.What's the UI like - a journey planner grid of some kind?
Does it print journey plans so you can avoid arguments about validity?
Yes to the first, no to the second.

Yes, as long as they are origins from which a journey plan would be available. This means, at present, no 'Boundary Zone' tickets or tickets to many zonal destinations like the Tyne & Wear Metro. Hopefully that functionality will be added in the future.Does it allow tickets from any origin?
Yes, as long as they are origins from which a journey plan would be available. This means, at present, no 'Boundary Zone' tickets or tickets to many zonal destinations like the Tyne & Wear Metro. Hopefully that functionality will be added in the future.
The "Trainline machines" that lots of people on here said were impossible?
Good.
![]()
Virgin have installed new ticket machines at Kings Cross which also offer advance tickets and seat reservations. I think they are the first to offer these options.
You missed out the ToDlers
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
Ah i didnt realise that VTEC use the Parkeon ToDler ones as well. I know i have seen them at many EMT and SWT stations but i hadnt noticed any at VTEC stations yet (although i dont travel on the VTEC network that much). Which stations currently have them? Am i correct in thinking they are for collection only?
Ah i didnt realise that VTEC use the Parkeon ToDler ones as well. I know i have seen them at many EMT and SWT stations but i hadnt noticed any at VTEC stations yet (although i dont travel on the VTEC network that much). Which stations currently have them? Am i correct in thinking they are for collection only?
Though look at how badly they seem to handle the situation where there are multiple competing fares - see the "Price War between York and Newcastle involving VTEC/TPE/XC" thread, and in particular gimmea50anyday's post.
Yes, as long as they are origins from which a journey plan would be available. This means, at present, no 'Boundary Zone' tickets or tickets to many zonal destinations like the Tyne & Wear Metro. Hopefully that functionality will be added in the future.
Northern also have a new looking one at Birchwood which is the first new ToD machine I have seen for ages from Northern.
Sam
Interesting, thanks for the info.There's history behind that (to an extent). We had a card and cash TVM a few years ago-however the staff (and us commuters) arrived at the station one morning to find the machine had been broken into and all the cash was stolen. TPE replaced it with a card only TVM-which Northern replaced about 4 months ago (I think?). IIRC the card only TVM provided by TPE had their interface on it until it was removed! (It certainly did in November 2016, which was the last time I used it)
It's already there, but not in service for a couple of days, I understand.
Do the VTEC ones have a "tickets from another station" feature?