As I understand it, you look in "Buy e-vouchers" not only to buy new ones but to see ones you have already bought and to add new ones to your account.
I did manage to buy and redeem an e-voucher on the new site when it was still the beta version.
Sadly I'm still unable to locate my eVouchers that were purchased via the "original" site. There's simply no record of them ever having existed !
Same thing for my previous bookings - nothing there :cry:
Think I shall be taking my business elsewhere - quite like the look of the Chiltern booking site, has that good old familiar feel about it.
While I love the spoof site (especially Access and Switch - we old fogies still refer to our Mastercards as Access usually), are you sure it's legal? Wouldn't want you to get sued or anything.
Just to add to our mirth at the expense of VTEC here, bearing in mind that I've been booking through this site for years.
Today I went to a VTEC TVM, and typed in the code given to me on the confirmation email, I'd noted it in the usual way.
You can imagine my confusion when the first character - a '1' - was greyed out on the touchscreen keyboard.
Luckily I knew what I was doing, so immediately found the email again on my phone and sorted it out.
I'm laughing, but someone less savvy could've missed their train because of this - why do we need to know this extra idiot reference number that does nothing?
If they do one thing with this wretched site, can they put the collection reference back in the subject line of the confirmation email?
The last thing there - not putting the collection reference in the subject line - is the most stupid part of it for me. I used to star the email so even if I couldn't view the whole thing on my mobile if out of signal, I could still see the subject line. Not any more.
Those new TVMs are a nightmare in general too. Great that they now let you book from another station etc but it's very badly implemented.
I'm travelling to London on VTEC tomorrow but need to reprint my booking confirmation as the reservation tickets did not show any reservation details. I log into the new site and go to "my booking"s and find it listed under "past bookings" but there's no way of showing the reservation details as it's listed as a past booking (even though travel is in the future!).
The only booking I can view details of is one I made through the new site for a journey I've already made, though even this is impossible as clicking on "view/edit" gives me a server error.
So on VTEC's site I can view and edit a booking for a journey I've already made yet I can't even view the details of one I have yet to make!
Yep. Completely backwards. It's still kicking off on Twitter and the phone lines are still jammed with people wanting to amend tickets, even though we have no facility to do this over the phone, despite the website telling customers to call us.
Wait so people are sitting on hold for upwards of 30-45 minutes only to be told that they can't be helped anyway despite the website telling them to call?!
And still VTEC will persist, no doubt, about how brilliant this whole roll out has been whilst poor staff and passengers get to suffer :roll:
Pretty much. Refund and rebook is all we can offer them.
That achieves the same result though - i.e. the ticket gets changed.
True, but the tickets can sometimes be more expensive than what was purchased.
Looking good.
Booking Smooth.
Goodbye old site. Hello better booking.
Our new website’s here and it’s pretty slick – even if we do say so ourselves. Simply create a new account, using the same email address as your previous one (it’ll only take a second) and you’ll see just how easy and quick it is to bag the best fares next time you book.
The website is a success according to the person in charge of it. Would love to know what they think failure is.
I suggest the only silver lining is that VTEC will have to run an awful lot of "Hot Cakes" promos in the future to win back all the customers their disastrous new booking site has cost them!
Happens quite often nothing unusual there.True, but the tickets can sometimes be more expensive than what was purchased.
The website is a success according to the person in charge of it. Would love to know what they think failure is.
kristalsmile @kristalsmile Aug 9
Replying to @SaveECRewards @EricM_CW @Virgin_TrainsEC
As I've said before - thank you for your opinions on this, more features will become available and the launch was well planned
Agile development is all very well but is no excuse for deploying garbage.
The website is a success according to the person in charge of it. Would love to know what they think failure is.
Perhaps they define success as it not crashing?!

Based on the feedback of the app (Travel Buddy) they couldn't even manage that!
BTW will be doing another update of "Virgin Train's East Coast" over the weekend, so any feature requests welcome.
Like VTEC I reserve the right to not bother implementing them if too difficult![]()
Someone DM'd me a summary of a conversation he overheard from a couple of VTEC managers in the EDB lounge about 30 minutes ago. I think they have their head in the sand.
They said there's three types of people: those totally engaged in the Virgin brand, those who are still a bit sceptical and those who have a hatred against anything Virgin.