trainophile
Established Member
What's happened to "add another journey"? Is it in there somewhere? I just abandoned a split ticket journey, and will pootle off (back!) to trainsplit.com. :roll:
They don't know how to say sorry! We don't think it's in the Virgin vocabulary.
Sometimes it's good to admit your mistakes rather than pretend all is better than ever. People know mistakes can be made, just better to admit them than dig deeper.
What's happened to "add another journey"? Is it in there somewhere? I just abandoned a split ticket journey, and will pootle off (back!) to trainsplit.com. :roll:
- The confirmation screen gives the transaction number as well as the collection reference. the transaction number isn't needed and really should be removed - some people will erroneously make a note of this number and use it to try and collect their tickets from TVMs which then won't print.
The transaction reference is used for Self-print and m-tickets where a collection reference is no longer required, so it is very relevant and necessary. You point about potential confusion is understood but it is no different to what Trainline do (not that there is any good reason for following examples of what Trainline do!).
You should've given a prototype of the new site to users of this forum - we'd have told you about all the glitches....
Maybe, but would that group have been truly representative of all users of the website?
There was no Wifi code on my Booking Confirmation.
VTEC website said:If none of the above explain why no bookings have been foud for you please contact our Customer Solutions team.
My issue with the new website is that none of the old booking data has transferred from my old account to my new account. Thankfully I've been able to find the email they sent with the ToD collection code. Otherwise I'd have had a very frustrating conversation with customer services.
What's happened to "add another journey"? Is it in there somewhere? I just abandoned a split ticket journey, and will pootle off (back!) to trainsplit.com. :roll:
Was your ticket first class or standard class? First class bookings (obviously) don't get a WiFi code.
Maybe, but would that group have been truly representative of all users of the website?
It's little things like this that make the new site a pain. You should've given a prototype of the new site to users of this forum - we'd have told you about all the glitches....
Evening All,
Just logged into the VTEC site to see how many eVouchers I still have, and can't seem to find anything resembling them on the new site.
Has anybody else experienced the same problem, or am I just not looking in "the right place" ??
Regards.
Coxy
It's almost as if it's being suggested that they're too cool for the likes of us, if we don't understand just how awesome they think they are.
From a "front line" view, this has been a shambles. Customers who have previously booked through the old booking engine can not amend tickets online, and have to call us to refund/rebook. We've had in excess of 70 people waiting in the queue to speak to us every day since Tuesday. This hasn't been very well thought out at all.
Website keeps forgetting that I've entered a 16-25 railcard when changing between dates in December on their fares table. Nothing to do with cookies or browser, it happens at random.
Top marks to VTEC!
I had that with a two together card. Took me a while to spot why all the fares were so high.
From a "front line" view, this has been a shambles. Customers who have previously booked through the old booking engine can not amend tickets online, and have to call us to refund/rebook. We've had in excess of 70 people waiting in the queue to speak to us every day since Tuesday. This hasn't been very well thought out at all.
...
I also wish the social media team would acknowledge other websites are available (I know they personally can't unless management tells them). This would take some of the demand off the call centre. It's ridiculous that they tell people who want to book a bike that they have to phone up to do it (and wait a long time) when there's still plenty of websites that will do the job. Put the customer first, even if that means VTEC have to pay the 5% commission to another operator.
I'm led to believe that Stagecoach pushed for the website to be launched, as the booking engine is their baby. Guess this is what happens when the franchise is 90% owned by a bus company.
You aren't in the loop then ?
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Welcome to RailForums Sir Bobby (in case anyone's wondering 91109 is named 'Sir Bobby Robson') nice to have someone on the front line comment here.
As soon as I heard it was going to be going live soon I tried to get the message that it's not ready out to as many people as possible. I was hoping someone senior at VTEC would see it and put a stop to this irresponsible decision.
I'd certainly be interested in any more insights from the front line, but of course don't say anything that would jeopardise your job.
This year has been a terrible one for VTEC. Changes to the crew rotas on-board, the ticket machines that are unreliable and now the website. People who I talk to who were more than happy with VTEC until recently are now having their doubts.
I also wish the social media team would acknowledge other websites are available (I know they personally can't unless management tells them). This would take some of the demand off the call centre. It's ridiculous that they tell people who want to book a bike that they have to phone up to do it (and wait a long time) when there's still plenty of websites that will do the job. Put the customer first, even if that means VTEC have to pay the 5% commission to another operator.