I made my first booking through the new site yesterday.
In short, I hate it.
Once you’ve entered your journey parameters its…
Scroll scroll scroll to find the train you want.
Then scroll scroll scroll to find the return leg train, even though for both journeys, I specified the ‘leaving at’ times as close to the actual time I wanted to travel as possible (obviously before the departure time, or it wouldn’t show without clicking ‘earlier trains’)
Only one price showing for that journey.
As previously mentioned, the ‘wahey’ at the end of the booking process- so cheesy.
Also had the email about re-registering a few weeks ago. Did it and got the next email saying I had to verify my email address. When I went to do this, I was constantly getting a ‘something went wrong’ error, so gave up.
When I went to make this booking yesterday, it wouldn’t allow me to do so without re-registering, upon doing so, I was told that my email address had already been used and if I was the same person, to login (which I did and got back to my account)
Upon trying to view previous bookings (done under the old website) I got the ‘verify your email address’ message again.
It wasn’t untio I made the booking that clicking on the ‘past bookings’ tab allowed me to see them.
Past bookings doesn’t give all of the details of your booking, only the date and time of your journey and the all important booking refernce to collect tickets from the tvm. Past bookings aren’t clickable, so you can’t go into a booking to get further information (ie coach and seat number, price paid). To get this information, I had to find the confirmation emails.
The old version was so much more user friendly, input your parameters, click the train you wanted to travel on and it gives you a range of fares, pick the one you want and to coin a phrase, wahey, you’re done.
I can’t really think of one good part of it to be honest.