• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Trainline Ad - SE 465 and 375?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
Erm they are Chiltern 165s ;)

And blue doors is the Southeastern livery AFAIK
 

asylumxl

Established Member
Joined
12 Feb 2009
Messages
4,260
Location
Hiding in your shadow
Are they? Chiltern 165s have rectangular door windows?

The 375 seen had what I would call "graduated" doors, fading from white to blue.
 

ushawk

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2010
Messages
1,965
Location
Eastbourne
That adverts been around on TV for about a week now, certainly Chiltern 165's.

Talk about cheese on that advert though :lol:
 

asylumxl

Established Member
Joined
12 Feb 2009
Messages
4,260
Location
Hiding in your shadow
Yeh. Your first response is the obvious one. But I will try and find the unit number of the 375 with the strange doors, then post it up.
 

ushawk

Established Member
Joined
5 Nov 2010
Messages
1,965
Location
Eastbourne
I think i recall seeing a SE 375 with in a revised livery with the blue doors though, could be confusing it with a 465 though.
 

asylumxl

Established Member
Joined
12 Feb 2009
Messages
4,260
Location
Hiding in your shadow
You know what, you're right.

It must have been the sun making the doors look more like Chiltern trains with the white faded look.
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
I don't know.

When it comes to liveries SE are a very odd company. It seems they just don't care that much. I mean they're still doing 465s? Especially when compared to other GoVia companies where branding is everything!
 

chris89

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2009
Messages
1,371
Location
Somewhere
I Thought they were Chiltens on the advert.

But when ever it is on i hit mute. it is incredibly annoying :/

Chris
 

route:oxford

Established Member
Joined
1 Nov 2008
Messages
4,949
I thought the big clue was the "Chiltern Railways" branding on the stock.

Look carefully, or get a bigger tv screen. :lol:
 

chris89

Established Member
Joined
21 Dec 2009
Messages
1,371
Location
Somewhere
I Did notice it was Marylebone but as said i generaly mute it and ignore the tv until it's over :)

Chris
 

junglejames

Established Member
Joined
8 Dec 2010
Messages
2,069
I dont know why advertising standards havent banned the advert yet, as its even more untruthful than the previous one with the sheep. It makes out as if you will always save money with them, but actually you always lose money with them because of the fees (sorry, i realise you all know that).
At least with the sheep advert, what they said was truthful, even if they didnt give the full story.

Wish i had the money to run an advert telling people the truth!!
 

Class172

Established Member
Associate Staff
Quizmaster
Joined
20 Mar 2011
Messages
3,894
Location
West Country
It's definitely chiltern 165s standing at Marylebone.

I find the advert quite funny :P
 

All Line Rover

Established Member
Joined
17 Feb 2011
Messages
5,270
Oh not another "thetrainline" advert! <(

South West Trains use exactly the same booking engine, charge nothing, and give cash back!

In my opinion East Coast is best one for general tickets, Virgin Trains for VT tickets because they allow "mix'n'match", and "Redspottedhanky" when you want to use Tesco Clubcard vouchers.

"Choo Choo Choo" is a bit outdated anyway. Steam trains no longer exist for passenger journeys! A more relevant slogan would be that thetrainline "Choo Choo Charge" people to buy tickets. :D :roll:
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
It's definitely chiltern 165s standing at Marylebone.

I find the advert quite funny :P

Just remember that this advert is convincing the masses that you can only get cheap tickets from thetrainline. It's completely evil!
 

transportphoto

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Quizmaster
Joined
21 Jan 2010
Messages
5,569
Here is the ad for those who haven't seen:

[youtube]0NS1NbX_hcU[/youtube]

They are quite clearly CH, unless I am missing something :smile:
 

asylumxl

Established Member
Joined
12 Feb 2009
Messages
4,260
Location
Hiding in your shadow
Yeh it is quite clear. I didn't pay enough attention obviously. I just thought I saw squarer edged doors on the right hand side. My mistake.
 

BestWestern

Established Member
Joined
6 Feb 2011
Messages
6,736
Yup, definitely Chiltern Turbo's there. Presumably they were chosen as they have one of the more generic-looking liveries, not enormously distinctive to those who don't already know. I guess having too much in the way of clear branding would attract unfavourable views from other TOC's or even the competition police! Do we think this ad is more irritating than the dreaded " Go loco... "?!
 

Greenback

Emeritus Moderator
Joined
9 Aug 2009
Messages
15,268
Location
Llanelli
Oh not another "thetrainline" advert! <(

I'm afraid so!

A more relevant slogan would be that thetrainline "Choo Choo Charge" people to buy tickets. :D :roll:

Just remember that this advert is convincing the masses that you can only get cheap tickets from thetrainline. It's completely evil!

'Ching, ching, ching' might be the most truthful slogan!

Actually, although I hate to admit it, I quite like the advert. Will never use them though!
 

SouthEastern-465

Established Member
Joined
24 May 2009
Messages
1,660
Location
Greater London
It looks nothing like the SE livery!

Its is quite obvious actually, the Chiltern units have a blue band covering the windows while the new SE livery is pretty similar to its previous grey and yellow doors, the only diffrence being the colours, light blue doors and a dark blue 'skirt' with fading ends. :)
 

43067

Member
Joined
15 Sep 2010
Messages
222
Location
OOP NORTH
it's offensive, large man gold spandex jumpsuit NO!!! it's just wrong, i reallly hate that advert it should be permanently muted.
 

KiddyKid

Member
Joined
6 Apr 2010
Messages
61
And yes it is Marylebone, it was filmed a few weeks ago over a weekend on Platforms 5&6. The area where the band is playing is the emergency exit to Rossmore Road....
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top