• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

new thread with odds and ends!

Status
Not open for further replies.

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Okay I will start a new thread :)

321418-420 move to FCC meaning FCC has thirteen 321s and I believe three 313s (numbers anyone?) will be moving. Unsure if these will be refurbished?

Any news on the 508s (ex SET and LO?)

Apparently the 150/2 refresh for Northern is only weeks away while the ex FNW 156 refurbishment progresses at a quicker pace.

Finally looks *likely* the five spare 180s will move to FGW as I rate wiki highly!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
The five Class 180 units planned for use by East Coast will be transferred back to First Great Western, to increase capacity on Thames Valley services.[24]
 

ainsworth74

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
31,124
Location
Redcar
I think MCR said it on the other thread, but just because it's in Modern Railways doesn't mean its going to happen.

Having read the article in Modern Railways I would say that the wiki article is stating the case far to strongly, it reads to me that they are thinking about it rather than actually doing it. Also suggests that they might bring 180s in to cover HSTs away for refurbs in the event that IEP is cancelled.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Also have Southern changed the numbering on the refurbished 313/1s to 313/2s ie 313101 is now 313201?

Will the nameplates be taken off on transfer to Southern? (Arnold Leah, PARLIAMENT HILL, London TravelWatch and Nikola Tesha)

Likewise will nameplates be taken off ex LO 150/1s moving to FGW? (Gospel Oak-Barking 2000, Willesden TMD, Beford-Bamberg 30, MARSTON VALE, Beford-Bletchley 150, LESLIE CRABBE)
 

astock5000

Member
Joined
16 Aug 2010
Messages
112
Location
Garston, Hertfordshire
321418-420 move to FCC meaning FCC has thirteen 321s and I believe three 313s (numbers anyone?) will be moving. Unsure if these will be refurbished
The 313s that have moved from LOROL to FCC are 313122/123/134.
Also have Southern changed the numbering on the refurbished 313/1s to 313/2s ie 313101 is now 313201?
Yes, they have, but some, including 313101, haven't been renumbered yet (it is being done when they are repainted).

Will the nameplates be taken off on transfer to Southern? (Arnold Leah, PARLIAMENT HILL, London TravelWatch and Nikola Tesha)
I think they are being removed.
Likewise will nameplates be taken off ex LO 150/1s moving to FGW? (Gospel Oak-Barking 2000, Willesden TMD, Beford-Bamberg 30, MARSTON VALE, Beford-Bletchley 150, LESLIE CRABBE)
London Overground's class 150s had their names taken off earlier this year.
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Thanks for that- all the answers!

Have 313122/123/134 entered service yet with FCC then or is this waiting for the December timetable change?
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
I think FCC will refurb them first? They are in crap condition compared to the FCC ones!
 

387star

On Moderation
Joined
16 Nov 2009
Messages
6,665
Just discovered that the low backed seats will stay the same..
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
btw I have been advised that 319/0 and 319/2s currently in Southern livery will recieve Advertising livery
 
Last edited:
Joined
30 Dec 2008
Messages
127
Location
London
I believe that 319430 is currently in Hornsey having FCC standard colours vinyled on, in the same 'fade' style as current 319's - just thinking that the plain purple as on the 321/377 fleet with the lower vinyled looks smarter. Still, thats the last of the Thameslink silver gone, advertising might bring some interesting liveries on stream - and in the case of the 319/2's is nothing new as I believe one or two wore advertising liveries during the Connex era.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top