• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New St-Milton Keynes season ticket

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimjim

Member
Joined
19 Jul 2009
Messages
41
Morning,

I have been asked to help out a friend whose daughter is starting an apprenticeship in Milton Keynes.
She requires a season ticket from New St to Milton Keynes.

An WMT only is £3440 a year and an any permitted is £5076

I can't see a way of making the WMT only season any cheaper. I can't find any overdistance seasons or splits.

With the any permitted can I split these at Rugby. I think the train doesn't have to stop at Rugby on two seasons now?

An annual Any permitted from New St to Rugby is £1540 and from Rugby to MKC is £2868 making a total of £4408

If anyone can come up with a better solution that would be amazing as it is huge cost but a great opportunity for her.

Thanks
Jim
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hadders

Veteran Member
Associate Staff
Senior Fares Advisor
Joined
27 Apr 2011
Messages
18,153
Using a combination of season tickets on a non-stop train is technically allowed by the NRCoT but I wouldn't expect a hassle free journey.

How old is the OP's daughter? Do they qualify for a 16-25 railcard?

Birmingham New Street - Rugby Annual season ticket (Virgin only £1,188, or via Coventry £1,540)
Rugby - Milton Keynes Anytime Day Return £16.30 (but could be discounted to £12 with a 16-25 railcard and £10.75 in July/August)

Depending on how may days travel needs to be made this could be cheaper and unquestionably valid on non-stop trains.
 

ForTheLoveOf

Established Member
Joined
7 Oct 2017
Messages
6,416
Using a combination of season tickets on a non-stop train is technically allowed by the NRCoT but I wouldn't expect a hassle free journey.

How old is the OP's daughter? Do they qualify for a 16-25 railcard?

Birmingham New Street - Rugby Annual season ticket (Virgin only £1,188, or via Coventry £1,540)
Rugby - Milton Keynes Anytime Day Return £16.30 (but could be discounted to £12 with a 16-25 railcard and £10.75 in July/August)

Depending on how may days travel needs to be made this could be cheaper and unquestionably valid on non-stop trains.

I wouldn't expect too much trouble, to be honest - whilst VTWC barrier staff are, as is well known, not particularly knowledgeable, I have 'pulled off' non-stopping splits plenty of times without issue.
 

jimjim

Member
Joined
19 Jul 2009
Messages
41
Yes she can get a 16-25 railcard. I will get her to work out how many days she will actually be there and work it out.

Thank you all for your help.

Jim
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top