In the last week or so, they've changed the signs at Moorgate for the FCC GN trains.
Like Old Street (and presumably the other stations along that section), it used to say 'Trains to Welwyn'. Now at Moorgate all the signs say 'Trains to Stevenage'. Both are confusing!
Now, clearly some trains to Hertford North do go on to Stevenage, but the WGC ones don't - ever. Why couldn't it just say National Rail (especially now there are no trains on the TL side) or even Great Northern at a push?
The station map doesn't even show Stevenage as a destination, which is even more odd!
I'd like to see them keeping the NSE colours, for nostalgia, but I think it's time there's some proper consistency with how TfL owned stations sign other services. I'd also like to see them offering FCC the ability to have train running information elsewhere in the station (besides 'their' bit down on the platform). It's a PITA going down to the platform to see a delayed/cancelled train. There are no announcements upstairs either.



Like Old Street (and presumably the other stations along that section), it used to say 'Trains to Welwyn'. Now at Moorgate all the signs say 'Trains to Stevenage'. Both are confusing!
Now, clearly some trains to Hertford North do go on to Stevenage, but the WGC ones don't - ever. Why couldn't it just say National Rail (especially now there are no trains on the TL side) or even Great Northern at a push?
The station map doesn't even show Stevenage as a destination, which is even more odd!
I'd like to see them keeping the NSE colours, for nostalgia, but I think it's time there's some proper consistency with how TfL owned stations sign other services. I'd also like to see them offering FCC the ability to have train running information elsewhere in the station (besides 'their' bit down on the platform). It's a PITA going down to the platform to see a delayed/cancelled train. There are no announcements upstairs either.


