gage75
Member
- Joined
- 8 Aug 2009
- Messages
- 306
Will the new LHCS Stock for the Scottish Sleeper Service be known as Mk V stock??
Don't be lazy, give it a proper name!
I didn't think that Mark 5 was ever used for the Nightstar stock? Mark 5 was designated for the Intercity 250 coaching stock, which was in development around the same time. As the designation was subsequently never used "in anger" on the UK network in either case, I wouldn't be surprised if it could be re-assigned to the new stock if so desired.The Mk.Vs where built as nightstar sleepers and exported to Canada, so I'd expect Mk.VI?
I agree with you give it its proper name so that everyone knows what you are talking about instaed of talking in riddles.
How long does it take to put loco hauled coaching stock instead of LCHS.
It gets on my tits all this shortening things so we can quickly use our mobile phones etc. to get it on here quicker.
LCHS is a fairly standard acronym throughout the industry... :roll:
The Mk.Vs where built as nightstar sleepers and exported to Canada, so I'd expect Mk.VI?
It's not :roll::roll:
Don't be lazy, give it a proper name!
I was NOT talking about the use of the LHCS acronym. TLAs (three letter acronyms, sarcastic name for all acronyms which may or may not be three letters long) are fine, just so long as they are spelled out the first time they are used in a thread as I've done here.I agree with you give it its proper name so that everyone knows what you are talking about instaed of talking in riddles.
Mark 5 implies that they are part of the same series as the Mark 1-4 designs (which they will not be in any way) some sort of evolution from the Mark 4 rather than something completely new. They aren't even from the same manufacturer!
The footplates on the Mark 4s still depress me when I board.
Something like "Metropolitan Cammel - Washwood Heath - Birmingham" or similar.
Time that is gone and will never come again.
The footplates on the Mark 4s still depress me when I board.
Something like "Metropolitan Cammel - Washwood Heath - Birmingham" or similar.
Time that is gone and will never come again.
Same with Hunslett TPL on the Class 323 footplates.
The Metro Cammel plates are also on the 156s I think, then there is the 150s with BREL- Train Builders to the World greeting you as you step aboard. All now just a memory, very sad.
These coaches are just for the Caledonian Sleeper, right? Why not take a leaf out of Amtrak's tradition and call them the Scotliner coaches. Lame, but not as lame as Mark 5.
LCHS is a fairly standard acronym throughout the industry... :roll:
Yes it may be an industry used acronym, but this is a public forum so not every one knows what LHCS as well as people who shorten station names to there 3 letter names.
We are not all experts on things so please put things down so that anyone can understand what your talking about be it a 10 year old or an 80 year old
who are interested in looking at this forum as its for everyone and not just full time rail staff.