• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New homes for ex-Caledonian Sleeper Mark 2 and 3 stock

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jamesrob637

Established Member
Joined
12 Aug 2016
Messages
6,083
I swear that a Derby to Carlisle test train on the weekend had an ex-Caley Mk2 in it? Am.I going mad?!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

43096

On Moderation
Joined
23 Nov 2015
Messages
18,889
Might as well: little else for them what with heritage railways closed for the foreseeable!
This pre-dates the current situation and is specifically because the 98xx BUOs have controlled emission toilets.
 

TimboM

Established Member
Joined
12 Apr 2016
Messages
3,734
Do you (or anyone else) happen to know the numbers please?
At the time you saw them back in May, the following LSL Mk3s were at the SVR:
10504 / 10513 / 10519 / 10520 / 10648 / 10650 / 10675 / 10683

10520 returned to Crewe on 28 May and is now in a very smart blood and custard livery.
 

TimboM

Established Member
Joined
12 Apr 2016
Messages
3,734
Does anyone know the location of 6701, 6705 and 6708? They are the only three RLO coaches that haven't been bought by Eastern Rail Services AFAIK.
6701 is the one at Brodie’s in Kilmarnock - being converted into staff offices/messroom I think.

6708 is now owned by LSL (bought, not leased from ERS). It’s the very swanky Hippocrene Bar in The Statesman stock. Refurbed by Independent Rail Services.

6705 is, I believe, also LSL-bound via a similar route.
 
Last edited:

43 302

Established Member
Joined
25 Oct 2019
Messages
1,732
Location
London
6701 is the one at Brodie’s in Kilmarnock - being converted into staff offices/messroom I think.

6708 is now owned by LSL (bought, not leased from ERS). It’s the very swanky Hippocrene Bar in The Statesman stock. Refurbed by Independent Rail Services.

6705 is, I believe, also LSL-bound via a similar route.
Thank you for your replies.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top