• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

(new blog) Osborne, China & Hs2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

linkyork

Member
Joined
10 Sep 2013
Messages
18
"Today’s news that Chancellor George Osborne is talking to the Chinese about investing in Hs2 has provoked the usual howls of outrage & borderline racism from those opposed to Hs2."

More here...

https://paulbigland.wordpress.com/2015/09/24/hs2-osborne-in-china/

I am afraid Mr Bigland treats HS2 as his personal crusade.
Before I first read his blog I was undecided about the route.
However his contradictory mutterings, sometimes within the same blog, made me examine the case against.
Forgetting HS2 I think it is worrying how the government is more or less handing control of our economy to what we were brought up to believe were
big bad communists out to control the world.
Now we appear to be assisting them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top