• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

New Belmond train in England & Wales

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,622
Location
Llanharan
Fingers crossed we've got a run to Wales starting Monday, if it can get to it without the doors acting up again.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Western 52

Established Member
Joined
19 Jun 2020
Messages
1,672
Location
Burry Port
Yes I hope it will run smoothly. Looking forward to seeing it pass my house, although too dark for a picture!
 

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,622
Location
Llanharan
Yes I hope it will run smoothly. Looking forward to seeing it pass my house, although too dark for a picture!
Shame it's starting so late now, will be nearly dark each time it passes me within the next month!

Hopefully will catch it on Monday whilst it's still somewhat bright.
 

chrisjo

Member
Joined
18 May 2024
Messages
604
Location
Llanishen
18th Aug.
5Z65 0809 Eastleigh Arlington - Stewarts Lane 1222
5Z10 1437 Stewarts Lane - Victoria (ECS)
0Z10 1500 Stewarts Lane - Victoria (LL)
1Z90 1548 Victoria - Haverfordwest 2244
 

Gloster

Veteran Member
Joined
4 Sep 2020
Messages
13,050
Location
Up the creek
Realtime Trains says it was a ‘service stop for staffing reasons’. Perhaps the restaurant staff were going to board with the meals: sandwiches from Swindon’s buffet, anyone?
 

Deepgreen

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2013
Messages
7,490
Location
Gomshall, Surrey
Realtime Trains says it was a ‘service stop for staffing reasons’. Perhaps the restaurant staff were going to board with the meals: sandwiches from Swindon’s buffet, anyone?
Indeed - it's quite possible the "staffing reasons" didn't materialise. Perhaps it was to take up a posse of fitters, just in case... ;)
 

BillStampy

Established Member
Joined
6 Jan 2024
Messages
1,622
Location
Llanharan
Seen it! Past Cardiff and through Llanharan, even if it is a bit dark. The livery looks quite nice in my opinion. The rear 66 was supposedly dropped off further back.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

Realtime Trains says it was a ‘service stop for staffing reasons’. Perhaps the restaurant staff were going to board with the meals: sandwiches from Swindon’s buffet, anyone?
What I have noticed by looking over my footage, is anyone actually on board? I can't really tell unless I am just terrible at people spotting!
 
Last edited:

MotCO

Established Member
Joined
25 Aug 2014
Messages
6,145
What I have noticed by looking over my footage, is anyone actually on board? I can't really tell unless I am just terrible at people spotting!
Maybe they were all waiting to get on at Reading :D
 

simondonovan27

New Member
Joined
18 Aug 2025
Messages
1
Location
Ogmore vale
Seen it! Past Cardiff and through Llanharan, even if it is a bit dark. The livery looks quite nice in my opinion. The rear 66 was supposedly dropped off further back.

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==


What I have noticed by looking over my footage, is anyone actually on board? I can't really tell unless I am just terrible at people spotting!
I saw the train at Bridgend. The dining car was full which would probably be the full complement of passngers. About 30 i reckon. It was running slow behind a maesteg service waiting to leave the main line
 

chrisjo

Member
Joined
18 May 2024
Messages
604
Location
Llanishen
Looks like they'll be having their breakfast at Llandeilo now. Still going according to plan.

1Z90 0507 Haverfordwest - Llandrindod 1039
1Z91 1355 Llandrindod - Pwllheli 2216 (not activated yet).
 

Deepgreen

Established Member
Joined
12 Jun 2013
Messages
7,490
Location
Gomshall, Surrey
An interesting feature of the rake is the apparent fitting of hopper windows to mk3 loco-hauled coaches - unique, I believe. My contact tells me that he was told during an official visit to he train that it is for 'overnight ventilation', which rather calls into question the reliability of the aircon on this ultra-luxury train! In any case, it is an interesting feature of these mk3s. This photo is from his web site. https://www.railway-centre.com/
 
Last edited:

Aaron_TTL

Member
Joined
9 Jun 2022
Messages
249
Location
Scotland
Was looking at photos on Flickr


According to the comment on here, the train is actually empty and on a trial run? Is that right?
 

Forty29

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2021
Messages
829
Location
Bicester
I see from a YouTube video Class 37's on the Cambrian line to Pwellheli section. I bet all crowded around those opening windows appreciating the thrash, though difficult to see through the darkened Windows
 

Top