• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Railcard + child ticket... what has my sister bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moogal

Member
Joined
18 Oct 2012
Messages
264
Location
Milton Keynes
My sister is coming to visit later today along with my 10 year-old niece. My sister holds a Network Railcard. They are travelling to Leighton Buzzard.

Since my sister will be returning to London alone later, she bought an Off Peak Return with Network Railcard for herself at £15.30, then separately a Child Single with Network Railcard (?!) at £5.75.
At the time she was unaware that on this route, return tickets are simply 2 singles.

As far as I can see, if she'd bought the tickets together she could have taken advantage of the Network Railcard offer for 60% off child tickets travelling with the holder, and only paid £2.15 for the child single. However, what I don't understand is - what is the ticket she has bought for the child? As far as I'm aware a child cannot hold a Network Railcard, so is the £5.75 ticket actually valid?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mcr Warrior

Veteran Member
Joined
8 Jan 2009
Messages
17,306
As far as I'm aware a child cannot hold a Network Railcard, so is the £5.75 ticket actually valid?
£5.75 appears to be the price of an Off Peak Single child ticket from London Terminals to Leighton Buzzard (one-way). So, valid.
 

JonathanH

Veteran Member
Joined
29 May 2011
Messages
23,392
As far as I'm aware a child cannot hold a Network Railcard, so is the £5.75 ticket actually valid?
The £5.75 ticket is an undiscounted child single from London Terminals to Leighton Buzzard, so nothing to do with the Network Railcard, and valid independently.
 

moogal

Member
Joined
18 Oct 2012
Messages
264
Location
Milton Keynes
The £5.75 ticket is an undiscounted child single from London Terminals to Leighton Buzzard, so nothing to do with the Network Railcard, and valid independently.
Ah that makes more sense - I've not physically seen the tickets as they're not yet on their way, so I'm relying on her descriptions of what she bought.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top