• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail Unit At Manchester Victoria Today

Status
Not open for further replies.

northernrail

Member
Joined
6 Sep 2010
Messages
596
Location
Middleton,Manchester
Hi,
At about 12:50PM this afternoon i saw the top half of a Network rail Unit heading North through Manchester Victoria, was it 950001, if not does anyone know what it was?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Hydro

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2007
Messages
2,204
NR only have one unit 950001 so yes it was, and it was doing some video surveying for the Northern Hub project.
 

Hydro

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2007
Messages
2,204
Not sure, it returned to Derby after spending a week in the North West so it may be a few months before it comes back to Manchester.
 

Phil6219

Member
Joined
15 Jul 2011
Messages
578
Location
Manchester, UK
The Only reason i saw it was because the quicker way home was blocked so i went around the senic route and hey presto, theres a yellow unit

Ah yes, taking the scenic route does sometimes pay off. Done that myself on quite a few journeys and bagged myself a few goodies.

There's a couple of diagrams that have it based out of Longsight for a week at a time.

Cheers bud, I'll need to keep an eye out for them.

Phil 8-)
 
Joined
30 Jun 2009
Messages
1,133
Location
Nottinghamshire
On the note of the Network Rail stuff, I was at Chesterfield yesterday and I saw in the distance a train coming which obviously wasn't stopping, the it dipped left down the goods line, So I was thinking to myself that it would be the first time id seen a passenger train through the new platform 3.

I had just put my camera away and had no chance of getting it out again, and imagine how gutted I was when I realised it was the New Measurement Train! I have only seen this once before in the siding outside Newcastle. Needless to say I was and still am gutted, I can't see that photo opportunity coming round again very soon, and I had my video camera to, that would have been some video!

:cry::cry::cry:
 

Hydro

Established Member
Joined
5 Mar 2007
Messages
2,204
The NMT goes down through Chesterfield many a time, flitting between Derby and Newcastle. It's not uncommon by any means.
 

Prodigy

Member
Joined
30 May 2011
Messages
232
Saw a Network Rail train near the Alstom Pendolino Depot not far from Piccadilly on Wednesday, not sure if it was the same on.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top