JacobWrenn
Member
Following a successful FOI request, I have received a redacted version of the titled document which I have made available at this Google Drive link.
Indeed. That's the one unelectrified bit of line where the proposal is unequivocal, with no other options suggested other than 3rd rail electrification. And on the option of AC :-I presume that is even more evidence for 3rd rail electrification down to Uckfield?
Brilliant - thanks. Already downloadedFollowing a successful FOI request, I have received a redacted version of the titled document which I have made available at this Google Drive link.
SWR is not ideal though with no depot on the route, limited sidings at Guildford and nothing at Reading. Essentially, there would need to be fairly complicated diagramming to get the units on and off the route.Also, it could move to SWR which would seem to me to be a more natural fit, and allow interesting future journey opportunities such as extending the Reigate terminators to Dorking.