• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Network Rail-managed station – what about the ticket office?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iamug

New Member
Joined
31 Oct 2024
Messages
3
Location
London
There are some stations in London (and elsewhere) which are managed by Network Rail, for example London Bridge (LBG). However, it looks like the ticket offices at these stations are still run by individual TOCs. How do I know which operator is in charge of the ticket office at a NR-managed station?

My usecase: I have a National Rail Travel Voucher from a delay on Thameslink which I want to redeem for cash. According to the voucher, I can only do so at a Thameslink, Southern or Great Northern ticket office. I thought I'd be able to do this at LBG since it's served by Thameslink and Southern, but was told at the ticket office that they only accept vouchers issued by Southeastern.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

bcarmicle

Member
Joined
11 May 2018
Messages
410
I am not sure there is a good list anywhere, but I believe for Network Rail managed stations, the ticket office operators are:

  • Birmingham New Street - Avanti
  • Bristol Temple Meads - GWR
  • Clapham Junction - SWR
  • Edinburgh Waverly - LNER
  • Glasgow Central - Avanti, Scotrail
  • Guildford - SWR
  • Leeds - Northern
  • Liverpool Lime Street - Northern
  • London Bridge - Southeastern
  • London Cannon Street - Southeastern
  • London Charing Cross - Southeastern
  • London Euston - Avanti
  • London King's Cross - LNER
  • London Liverpool Street - Greater Anglia
  • London Paddington - GWR
  • London St Pancras - GTR, EMR
  • London Victoria - GTR
  • London Waterloo - SWR
  • Manchester Piccadilly - Avanti
  • Reading - GWR
GTR are the operator of Great Northern, Thameslink, Southern and Gatwick Express.

(Some of these stations may have multiple ticket offices, so I may be missing a few operators.)
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top