• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Netherlands - Tilburg - Nedtrain Depot Open Day Cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Timer

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
3,702
Location
On a plane somewhere at 35,000
I am sorry to report that I have been told that the open day at the Nedtrain traction maintenance and rolling stock Depot at Tilburg, which was planned for Saturday 3rd October has been cancelled.

The reason given is that it is due to Swine Flu precautions.

Tilburg depot is due to close later this year and the operations will be relocated to another location.

Nedtrain
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Electrostar

Member
Joined
18 May 2009
Messages
315
I am sorry to report that I have been told that the open day at the Nedtrain traction maintenance and rolling stock Depot at Tilburg, which was planned for Saturday 3rd October has been cancelled.

The reason given is that it is due to Swine Flu precautions.

Tilburg depot is due to close later this year and the operations will be relocated to another location.

Nedtrain
Is the Netherlands in the grip of swine fever and if so are other public events being cancelled because it seems rather reactionary.



 

Old Timer

Established Member
Joined
24 Aug 2009
Messages
3,702
Location
On a plane somewhere at 35,000
Its no worse there than anywhere else on mainland Europe.

The thinking behind it was that the open day would take place at the peak of the expected winter flu period, when it was not felt right to enourage people who may be carrying the symptons to congregate with others who were healthy and it was for this reason that it was cancelled.


I am only the messenger !
 

Pumbaa

Established Member
Joined
19 Feb 2008
Messages
5,022
I was going to be in Breda on that date, although I didn't know about the Tilburg open day... Damn!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top