• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Neilston <> Tweedback and the Newton line

Status
Not open for further replies.

Timster83

Member
Joined
10 Dec 2012
Messages
55
I have a bunch of those Neilston to Tweedback (and return) tickets right through to the middle of April. I use them for the rather boring purpose of commuting between somewhere on the Neilston line and Glasgow Central.

There's a possibility I might be commuting from somewhere on the Newton line instead, before my tickets run out and I am keen to make the best use of what I've already paid for.

So if I had a ticket between Mount Florida and Central and then a season ticket from e.g. Kings Park to Mount Florida, I could combine them for one journey (subject to the standard rules about combining and splitting tickets etc). I think such a combination would also be valid on the train that goes via Maxwell Park and doesn't stop at Mount Florida (within 3 miles of the shortest route).

But my situation is a bit different. I have tickets with the start/end point of Neilston. So I'm quite happy to break a journey at Mount Florida and have done so a few times. But can I then continue on the same train on my way to my destination on the Newton line - or would I need to start a new journey on the next train?

And would that example combination of the Kings Park to Mount Florida season ticket plus a Neilston to Tweedbank ticket also be valid on the trains that go via the Maxwell Park route?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Mike395

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
23 May 2009
Messages
3,404
Location
Bedford
I don't know the geography of the area - but the train must go through Mount Florida, though it need not stop and no need to change trains.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top