• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National Routeing Guide

Status
Not open for further replies.

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
ATOC have released a new version of The NRG. There are some substantial alterations to Routeing Points in the South East and Stevenage Routeing Group has ben abolished causing changes on that route.
There also a large number of changes to the routes in Section C

Peter
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
A File is attached to show the changes
 

Attachments

  • NRG CHANGES AUGUST 2010.pdf
    294.3 KB · Views: 65

b0b

Established Member
Joined
25 Jan 2010
Messages
1,371
colby: how did you come up with this? if its automated, is there any way to generate a correct version of this document thats on the ATOC site?

Routeing Points Table

Description: A table that shows each of the Routeing Points used within the National Routeing Guide and indicates the Maps on which they are located.


I'm having a shot at trying to parse the maps PDF doc to get the info but its hard. PDF is a rendering format, not a data transfer format, so the new Permitted Routes document has really broken my engine :cry:
 

OwlMan

Established Member
Joined
25 Jun 2008
Messages
3,206
B0b

I use PDF Converter from Nuance to convert the tables to text or xls format- It also compares 2 pdfs and reports the differences.

I find the only difficulty is when they change the maps as I have to process them manually.

Peter
 

b0b

Established Member
Joined
25 Jan 2010
Messages
1,371
Tell more about you process the maps and what you do with the data.

IF you have a way to convert the maps into nodes & vertexes I'd be really interested in that. I'm been trying to work on extracting that data from the PDFs, figuring that most of the are actually fairly simple and if I can take care of those we might be left with about 10 (eg: AS) that we have to manually process, but that would be a significantly lower burden.

I'm also all ears if people want to help me decompose the maps :lol:

.
--- old post above --- --- new post below ---
Actually I think I just figured out how to use the Permitted Routes document to recreate the out of date routeing points document:

Look for permitted routes where one map is valid, by implication they must be on the same map....

..... dang, that doesn't wok for various reasons .... back to processing map PDF
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top