• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

National rail website journey planner - via option removed?

Status
Not open for further replies.

joncombe

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2016
Messages
870
I am sure the National Rail journey planner used to have a via option, to specify a specific route a few days ago. Now it seems to have been removed? Am I missing something or did they really get rid of this?

I am trying to find trains via Honiton but I can't do it because there is no ability to specify via Honiton any longer. Has this feature really been removed? If so what is the justification for selling tickets via a specific route if you can't find out which trains run via that route?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

KNN

Member
Joined
9 Feb 2024
Messages
296
Location
Birmingham
I am sure the National Rail journey planner used to have a via option, to specify a specific route a few days ago. Now it seems to have been removed? Am I missing something or did they really get rid of this?

I am trying to find trains via Honiton but I can't do it because there is no ability to specify via Honiton any longer. Has this feature really been removed? If so what is the justification for selling tickets via a specific route if you can't find out which trains run via that route?
Still there for me, are you using a computer or your phone?

I'd double check it hasn't sent you to the Live Departures section instead of Journey Planner as that's happened to me a couple of times.

If that doesn't work clearing cookies sometimes helps.

As an aside, if it's a few days ahead I usually use fastjp.com as you have more options. It's not always up to date during disruption though so I revert back to NRE/RTT then.
 
Last edited:

DelW

Established Member
Joined
15 Jan 2015
Messages
6,042
I am sure the National Rail journey planner used to have a via option, to specify a specific route a few days ago. Now it seems to have been removed? Am I missing something or did they really get rid of this?

I am trying to find trains via Honiton but I can't do it because there is no ability to specify via Honiton any longer. Has this feature really been removed? If so what is the justification for selling tickets via a specific route if you can't find out which trains run via that route?
I think it used to be in the journey options menu (which seems to me to be the obvious place for it).

But now it's selected via underlined text saying " Route via / avoid", just below the "Going to" box. Selecting that text brings up two additional boxes, "Travelling via" and "Station name or code".

It's easy to overlook it, it might be better (considering how much screen space is empty) if it was always visible.
 

joncombe

Member
Joined
6 Nov 2016
Messages
870
Ok I can see it again now but pretty sure it wasn't there when I looked yesterday. Thanks all for the help.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top