In the UK, there's dozens of regional rail rangers and rovers which when used offer unlimited travel for a set period, as well as the all line one. For the majority of Europe, Interrail / Eurail passes are an option at the national and international level. Which other examples of rover-like tickets are there for railways outside the UK (or outside Europe, unless there are any ones substantially cheaper than Interrail passes without massive restrictions, or which offer features Interrail passes don't), whether available to citizens / residents, foreign tourists, or both? I'm especially interested in those outside major cities, as I'd guess that pay-as-you-go caps or other city tickets are a lot more common.
I can think of
I can think of
- Trekker and Explorer (Ireland)
- Go Explore (Isle of Man)
- Discovery Pass (NSW, Victoria, ACT, Queensland – I can't find a map of validity and I'm not sure if it's valid past Brisbane or not)
- Rail Explorer Pass (seated travel on the Ghan, Indian Pacific and Overland)
- New Zealand Travel Rail / Scenic Pass (Auckland–Wellington, Christchurch–Picton / Greymouth, ferries)
- Amtrak California / USA (limited to 10 segments in 30 days for the latter)
Last edited: