• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Nat EX Trainee Depot Driver Jobs! (or maybe not)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Polls

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2009
Messages
81
Location
West London
Whilst looking for a Trainee Driver position, I was advised to apply to as many as I can as they came up to give myself more of a chance. One of the applications was for 'Trainee Depot Driver' at National Express. I got a letter in mid December to say 'Congratulations, we would like to invite you to the next stage of recruitment, however this has been put back and we are not too sure when we will be doing this, so we will let you know in due course'....and this morning I just got a letter saying 'I regret to inform you we do not have any vacancies at present'....Now, I am lucky because as many of you know I just recently got a position as a Trainee Driver with another TOC, but I just thought for anyone else who was waiting for thier next stage date with National Express, it must have been a crashing dissapointment for them to get this letter today. All I can say is if you did get this letter too and you might have been pinning your hopes on it, take the first letter that was sent as a big thumbs up that you can at least pass the the sift part of an application and go for a job with another TOC. ;)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

O L Leigh

Established Member
Joined
20 Jan 2006
Messages
5,609
Location
In the cab with the paper
Absolutely, Polls. :)

However, it there is a chance that some mainline drivers positions may be coming up in the not too distant future.

O L Leigh
 

Polls

Member
Joined
16 Dec 2009
Messages
81
Location
West London
Absolutely, Polls. :)

However, it there is a chance that some mainline drivers positions may be coming up in the not too distant future.

O L Leigh

I hope there is because there is nothing worse than an 'I regret to inform you' letter. I hope they get in touch with the ones that passed in the first place :)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top