• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mystery train at Oxford 12 March

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oxfordblues

Member
Joined
22 Dec 2013
Messages
1,128
Yesterday (Sunday) afternoon I was pleased to see a northbound GBRf-hauled train pass through Oxford at about 15:15 but when I got home I could find no record of it on realtimetrains. I had thought that apart from local shunt moves trains can't run without a schedule. This train was a mixed consist of 20-foot containers, VGA/VKA vans and empty intermodal flats. Might it have been a Bicester (or Marchwood)-Glen Douglas MoD train conveying "Government stores" with a realtimetrains-masked schedule because of its security-sensitivity? I'm intrigued.

(Moderators: please delete this thread if it breaches the Official Secrets Act!)
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Freightmaster

Verified Rep
Joined
7 Jul 2009
Messages
4,487
Yesterday (Sunday) afternoon I was pleased to see a northbound GBRf-hauled train pass through Oxford at about 15:15 but when I got home I could find no record of it on realtimetrains. I had thought that apart from local shunt moves trains can't run without a schedule. This train was a mixed consist of 20-foot containers, VGA/VKA vans and empty intermodal flats. Might it have been a Bicester (or Marchwood)-Glen Douglas MoD train conveying "Government stores"
Good guess! Actually ran as 3F02 Marchwood to Kineton





MARK
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top