• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mystery train at Ascot

Status
Not open for further replies.

JacobWrenn

Member
Joined
13 Dec 2020
Messages
55
Location
UK
When I arrived at Ascot station today (25th August) at 17:11 there was a pair of 458s sat in platform 2. Around 17:15 they headed off in the London direction (unusual for this platform?). When checking real time trains even in the detailed view I could not find any mention of this mystery service. Does anyone know what it was?
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Horizon22

Established Member
Associate Staff
Jobs & Careers
Joined
8 Sep 2019
Messages
11,034
Location
London
Perhaps an ad-hoc ECS service. SWR had some signalling issues in that area today.
 

davews

Member
Joined
24 Apr 2021
Messages
1,018
Location
Bracknell
I think this is related to the signalling issues at Wraysbury, damage from a tree with Windsor trains terminating at Staines. I think this happened yesterday and is expected until end of service today.
When I passed through Ascot this morning at 0910 there was also a 458 on platform 2. I assumed at first this was 2C17 but we passed that half way to Sunningdale. But all is revealed on RTT today.

The Windsor trains are diverted to Ascot as ECS where they wait and then go back to Staines. Seems a long diversion to me, but that is how they have done it. It can and does delay some of the Reading trains.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top