Good evening,
I've done this before with a mystery photo on here with a successful result.
Hopefully someone recognises the location on the attached photo?
Some thoughts/notes:
It was a slide taken (badly!) in 1991, the slides before were at home (Teeside) in heavy snow and the photo's after were taken at Eastfield depot (with light snow on the ground).
Looking at the photo there is snow in the shadow of the platform - could this mean it is in the shadow of the morning sun so the train is heading north (ish)?
I've noticed the blue sign above the station name sign but have not found anything similar on google?
I'm wondering if this is somewhere on the northern section of the ECML? Maybe we stopped off on the way to Ednburgh/Glasgow to see class 26's on coal trains up there somewhere?
Anyway, have fun!
Cheers,
Chris
PS - sorry if this should be in a different section of the forum.
I've done this before with a mystery photo on here with a successful result.
Hopefully someone recognises the location on the attached photo?
Some thoughts/notes:
It was a slide taken (badly!) in 1991, the slides before were at home (Teeside) in heavy snow and the photo's after were taken at Eastfield depot (with light snow on the ground).
Looking at the photo there is snow in the shadow of the platform - could this mean it is in the shadow of the morning sun so the train is heading north (ish)?
I've noticed the blue sign above the station name sign but have not found anything similar on google?
I'm wondering if this is somewhere on the northern section of the ECML? Maybe we stopped off on the way to Ednburgh/Glasgow to see class 26's on coal trains up there somewhere?
Anyway, have fun!
Cheers,
Chris
PS - sorry if this should be in a different section of the forum.