• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Mystery new carriages; M1 14.03.2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

InTheEastMids

Established Member
Joined
31 Jan 2016
Messages
1,407
Does anybody know what the mystery new vehicles I saw on the back of low loaders last night (14.03)?

They were heading North on the M1, and I saw them at about 16.45 near J23a.
They were grey, and looked brand new.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

InTheEastMids

Established Member
Joined
31 Jan 2016
Messages
1,407
Could they have been one of the "Nightstar" generator coaches converted from Mk3s? https://flic.kr/p/MZfdvq
I know Loughborough (on the GCR) and Leicester Depot have one each.

Pretty sure it wasn't these - whilst I was obviously paying more attention to the road ahead, I think whatever I saw had a conventional passenger vehicle window arrangement.
 

DarloRich

Veteran Member
Joined
12 Oct 2010
Messages
32,943
Location
Fenny Stratford
I have seen pictures of a new, sliver/gray Azuma style train heading down a motorway with one vehicle per lorry.
 

InTheEastMids

Established Member
Joined
31 Jan 2016
Messages
1,407

59CosG95

Established Member
Joined
18 Aug 2013
Messages
6,867
Location
Beeston (Notts)
Ohhh, I know what it might be - new bodyshells for the Hitachi IEPs/Azumas/whatever they are this week.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top