• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My YT.. Latest video - LNER A4 Sir Nigel Gresley and more!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BeccaOnATrain

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2021
Messages
110
Location
Stockport
Finally got round to sorting my YouTube channel out. I've now got a workflow set up that should make it a lot easier to put up content - though it's still all a bit trial and error at the moment when it comes to how I want to present the videos. Maybe one day I'll pluck up the courage to actually appear in the videos and do some sort of commentary but until then I'm quite happy stood behind a camera! I've also bought a new external mic which will solve the sort of audio issues I had that ruined my footage of 6233 Duchess of Sutherland.

Here's my latest upload - it was supposed to be 45690 as part of the Stratford Flyer but I didn't realise it was loco hauled yesterday. Still a fun hour or so out at Cheadle Hulme though.


I've got 3 more videos filmed over the past couple of weeks that I will be putting together in the upcoming week or so.
Some more video ideas and trips planned for April and I'll also be visiting Bristol St Philip’s Marsh Depot at the end of the month so hoping to get some videos there!

Any tips or recommendations would be very welcome! :D

Thanks for reading!
 
Last edited:
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

D6130

Established Member
Joined
12 Jan 2021
Messages
9,128
Location
West Yorkshire/Tuscany
Some great shots there @BeccaOnATrain and very well put-together. One small point though: The class 323 unit in the last sequence is more likely to be picking-up passengers for Macclesfield and Stoke, as it's on the wrong line for Crewe. Keep up the good work though and I'm looking forward to enjoying more of your output.
 

BeccaOnATrain

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2021
Messages
110
Location
Stockport
Some great shots there @BeccaOnATrain and very well put-together. One small point though: The class 323 unit in the last sequence is more likely to be picking-up passengers for Macclesfield and Stoke, as it's on the wrong line for Crewe. Keep up the good work though and I'm looking forward to enjoying more of your output.

Thanks for the feedback!

And doh, I had a feeling I had messed up some information in the video somewhere! You're absolutely right.. it was the 0901 to Stoke-on-Trent.. not the 0921 to Crewe!
That mistake is too embarrassing to leave in, I'll re-edit and upload it!

Thank you for pointing that out. :smile:
 
Last edited:

1369

Member
Joined
25 Jun 2019
Messages
126
Location
South Devon
I like 'The Mancunian' video, nice and close.

I will watch the others later this week.

​

 

BeccaOnATrain

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2021
Messages
110
Location
Stockport
I like 'The Mancunian' video, nice and close.

I will watch the others later this week.

​

thanks! annoyingly that was my most viewed for a while despite me not really liking it. the audio got messed up but i have a new mic now.

new video up. i kinda hammer home the whole joke that only i found funny about there being a 5th Manchester station.. and the thumbnail is a bit clickbaity so apologies!

 

BeccaOnATrain

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2021
Messages
110
Location
Stockport
Another great video @BeccaOnATrain ....and I like your choice of music. I was thinking that the fifth Manhattanchester station would be Deansgate!
thanks!
i had to double check deansgate was actually called just deansgate and not Manchester Deansgate. would have made my video look very silly otherwise. ☺️☺️
 

BeccaOnATrain

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2021
Messages
110
Location
Stockport

A quick video I put together last night of some trains heading through Strines in the evening.

I'll likely upload these types of videos more often than my "themed/day trips out". The trips out take a lot of time for me to edit and I don't know how much demand there is for people viewing content of me sticking a train out of a window alongside fancy music for 5+ minutes? I do really enjoy recording those though, so I'll try and do at a couple of those a month.

I've got a trip out to Huddersfield in First Class to upload as well as some trains at Sheffield (specifically HST) to come soon too!

Off to Bristol for depot tour at weekend but I don't know much filming I'll get to do inside.
Then I've got a mammoth few days around early May bank holiday where I'm heading to.. Rugby, Carnforth, Derby, Peterborough and Holyhead!
 

Ken H

Established Member
Joined
11 Nov 2018
Messages
6,718
Location
N Yorks

A quick video I put together last night of some trains heading through Strines in the evening.

I'll likely upload these types of videos more often than my "themed/day trips out". The trips out take a lot of time for me to edit and I don't know how much demand there is for people viewing content of me sticking a train out of a window alongside fancy music for 5+ minutes? I do really enjoy recording those though, so I'll try and do at a couple of those a month.

I've got a trip out to Huddersfield in First Class to upload as well as some trains at Sheffield (specifically HST) to come soon too!

Off to Bristol for depot tour at weekend but I don't know much filming I'll get to do inside.
Then I've got a mammoth few days around early May bank holiday where I'm heading to.. Rugby, Carnforth, Derby, Peterborough and Holyhead!
I just watched the 5 Manchester stations. Great stuff!
 

BeccaOnATrain

Member
Joined
5 Sep 2021
Messages
110
Location
Stockport
I just watched the 5 Manchester stations. Great stuff!
Thanks!


Finally got round to uploading last weeks trip to Crewe.


Sir Nigel Gresley arriving and departing Crewe, thee arrival of Midland Pullman and I also caught the departure of a Class 730 on a test run to Nuneaton. :D Busy morning!
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top