• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My Settle & Carlisle style viaduct - OO Gauge Layout

Status
Not open for further replies.

reddragon

Established Member
Joined
24 Mar 2016
Messages
3,274
Location
Churn (closed)
Now those look very nice. Although I'm not sure blood and custard would be a popular choice from the menu in the buffet... ;)

-Peter
It was a great dessert! Red strawberry / cherry sauce dribbled on the custard over a sponge of some sort, very popular in the 70s
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

reddragon

Established Member
Joined
24 Mar 2016
Messages
3,274
Location
Churn (closed)
Day 12 - 33111 the push pull loco. A most versatile loco

1639295503827.png
1639295524298.png

Can work in multiple with any SR EMU in push - pull. and the 73 etc
 

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
Day 11 - the real one at Reading and my renumbered model

View attachment 106755View attachment 106756
That does look very nice indeed. Just spent some time looking around online for one and it's definitely going on the wishlist!

Day 12 - 33111 the push pull loco. A most versatile loco

View attachment 106814
View attachment 106815

Can work in multiple with any SR EMU in push - pull. and the 73 etc
This is giving me ideas for how to paint up that Lima 33 you gave me; things like the axlebox covers and pipes at each end would be really nice to include.

-Peter :D
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,950
Location
Devon
Very nice. I used to have a Heljan 33/2 and it was a great model.
 

reddragon

Established Member
Joined
24 Mar 2016
Messages
3,274
Location
Churn (closed)
I know they’re ugly but I actually like them…
Good model but no idea how to programme it to run slowly, it does 0-30mph in an instance!

##################

Day 14 - Lima Class 52 - got this DCC fitted for not much more than the cost of a DCC chip. Runs well but has the split pick up gapping issue and fails to stop when told! Might go back on eBay?

1639472162224.png

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

###############

Day 15 - 73118. A lima loco with a printer motor replacement - really good loco, better than a Hornby, its just the old couplings that let it down.

1639553978700.png
 
Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
Day 14 - Lima Class 52 - got this DCC fitted for not much more than the cost of a DCC chip. Runs well but has the split pick up gapping issue and fails to stop when told! Might go back on eBay?

View attachment 106951

###############

Day 15 - 73118. A lima loco with a printer motor replacement - really good loco, better than a Hornby, its just the old couplings that let it down.

View attachment 106999
Both of those look very nice. The detailing on both is decent given their age.
If you ever put the 'Western' on eBay, let us know ;)

-Peter
 

reddragon

Established Member
Joined
24 Mar 2016
Messages
3,274
Location
Churn (closed)
Both of those look very nice. The detailing on both is decent given their age.
If you ever put the 'Western' on eBay, let us know ;)

-Peter
Cost me £36 if you are interested, has a Lais Dcc-Z2 chip. Runs very well but sometimes refuses to respond & stop, maybe a dirty contact somewhere.
 

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
Cost me £36 if you are interested, has a Lais Dcc-Z2 chip. Runs very well but sometimes refuses to respond & stop, maybe a dirty contact somewhere.
You got quite the bargain there then! Almost a steal at that price.
I expect there are more technically-minded people on here than me who'd know how to solve that but I've not a clue :lol:

-Peter
 

reddragon

Established Member
Joined
24 Mar 2016
Messages
3,274
Location
Churn (closed)
day 17 - my DJH class 71 - A really good loco, better than the Hornby as you can actually fit a DCC chip into it without surgery!

1639739064831.png
 

reddragon

Established Member
Joined
24 Mar 2016
Messages
3,274
Location
Churn (closed)
That's an interesting loco, what services do you use it for?
A mixture of 4TC, Mk2 stock and freight. It was air braked / ETH loco

== Doublepost prevention - post automatically merged: ==

#################

Day 18 - a Lima 60. These actually have double pick ups on the trailer bogie! The only loco I ended up keeping from a job lot.

1639817111642.png
 
Last edited:

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
Sorry I've not been responding @reddragon but just had a look at the ones I've missed and they are some lovely models. Particularly liking the 'Castle' but I fear I may be biased in that... ;)

-Peter
 

Cowley

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
15 Apr 2016
Messages
18,950
Location
Devon
Sorry I've not been responding @reddragon but just had a look at the ones I've missed and they are some lovely models. Particularly liking the 'Castle' but I fear I may be biased in that... ;)

-Peter

You’re so Great Western that I reckon you walk around with a copper cap on your head. :lol:
 

Peter C

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2018
Messages
4,739
Location
GWR land
You’re so Great Western that I reckon you walk around with a copper cap on your head. :lol:
It works better than a tinfoil hat at keeping those conspiracy theories out...

-Peter

(for "conspiracy theories", read "anti-Swindon ideas")
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top