Aictos
Established Member
- Joined
- 28 Apr 2009
- Messages
- 10,403
Brake step 3 and Neutral should be enough? You musn't leave a cab with a key in unattended.
Yes but that isn't always the case is it? No need to comment any further.
Brake step 3 and Neutral should be enough? You musn't leave a cab with a key in unattended.
Right okay I believe if the unit was at a stand and it rolled, that the brakes would come on at 4 mph. As for the other scenario where the egress is pulled, the driver has to press and hold the pass-comm (emergency alarm) override to hold off the brakes for that 60 seconds.
Nice of you to potentially drop someone in the brown stuff.
What goes on, on railtours probably goes unnoticed because it's not publicised, however to publicise an incident with a unit number, station and date on a public forum to me is almost tantamount to reporting an individual.
We're all human & we can all make mistakes and I'm sure that the train operator concerned never intended to let the train roll back, they may well have got away with it had it not been for motormouth (jamaal) doing the dirty.
Before anyone starts having a go, you need to ask yourselves how many times have I made a mistake and then covered it up?
Office bods do it all of the time, the thing is in the office they can get away with it by deleting files or correcting the error on the computers, Drivers/Guards however don't have that luxury are constantly monitored by management courtesy of data recorders & CCTV and they don't need the likes jamaal putting the knife in as well.
Wow one post and I have earned the name 'motormouth'. I never had any intention to get the driver in trouble, I just included the exact Train and time to make it easier for anyone to verify.To be honest i am not going to entertain this, it was just something strange and I wanted to know whether anyone else on the forum was on this Train. The post seemed to offend you so I edited it. We all have the common interest of Trains on this forum and can we please not let this get in the way or cause any disputes.
Regards
Jamaal
We're all human & we can all make mistakes and I'm sure that the train operator concerned never intended to let the train roll back, they may well have got away with it
.I can assure you that I've been on a number of TUBE trains that have had the doors open before the train has stopped. I didn't mention the stock, but I'm pretty sure that one example is the Met line stock.