• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

My most ambitious Saturday railtour

Status
Not open for further replies.

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Joined
21 Nov 2010
Messages
1,217
Location
Brereton, Rugeley, Staffordshire
As we all know, tomorrow is going to be a big day as far as railtours go because we have no less than five steam tours going and three diesel hauled rail tours going. Most of which are going through my local area.

This is how tomorrow is going to plan for tomorrow:

@ 0754 The Festive St. Nicholas Explorer from Nuneaton to Carlisle hauled by 86101 stops at Rugeley Trent Valley and then departs at 0756
@0848 The Deva Explorer hauled by 45305 'Alderman E. Draper' from Tyseley to Chester stops at Walsall before departing at 0850
@0916 The York and Durham Festival Explorer from Westbury to Durham arrives at Birmingham New Street before departing at 0936
@13:08 The Capital Christmas Express hauled by the damn black 5 arrives into London Waterloo.
@13:30 A diesel, possibly a class 37, pulls that damn black 5 out of London Waterloo to head to Clapham Yard
@14:16 The Tynsider pulled by 60007 'Sir Nigel Gresley' arries into London kings Cross
@14:45 A diesel, possibly a class 67 pulls 60007 out of London Kings Cross to Ferme Park
@16;12 A diesel brings in 60019 'Bittern' into London kings Cross
@16:36 The tynesider pulled by 60019 'Bittern' pulls out of London kings Cross
@17:02 A diesel brings that damn black 5 back into London Waterloo
@17:18 that damn black 5 pulls out of London Waterloo with The Capital Christmas Express

So, as you can see, it is going to be a hectic day for me tomorrow and you will all get to see everything on the forums Sunday!
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

matt

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Global Moderator
Joined
30 Jun 2005
Messages
8,868
Location
Rugby
As we all know, tomorrow is going to be a big day as far as railtours go because we have no less than five steam tours going and three diesel hauled rail tours going. Most of which are going through my local area.

This is how tomorrow is going to plan for tomorrow:

@ 0754 The Festive St. Nicholas Explorer from Nuneaton to Carlisle hauled by 86101 stops at Rugeley Trent Valley and then departs at 0756
@0848 The Deva Explorer hauled by 45305 'Alderman E. Draper' from Tyseley to Chester stops at Walsall before departing at 0850
@0916 The York and Durham Festival Explorer from Westbury to Durham arrives at Birmingham New Street before departing at 0936
@13:08 The Capital Christmas Express hauled by the damn black 5 arrives into London Waterloo.
@13:30 A diesel, possibly a class 37, pulls that damn black 5 out of London Waterloo to head to Clapham Yard
@14:16 The Tynsider pulled by 60007 'Sir Nigel Gresley' arries into London kings Cross
@14:45 A diesel, possibly a class 67 pulls 60007 out of London Kings Cross to Ferme Park
@16;12 A diesel brings in 60019 'Bittern' into London kings Cross
@16:36 The tynesider pulled by 60019 'Bittern' pulls out of London kings Cross
@17:02 A diesel brings that damn black 5 back into London Waterloo
@17:18 that damn black 5 pulls out of London Waterloo with The Capital Christmas Express

So, as you can see, it is going to be a hectic day for me tomorrow and you will all get to see everything on the forums Sunday!
The tour from Nuneaton will be a 67. You have got a good plan. I am planning on seeung three tours tomorrow.


 

Chester025

Member
Joined
29 Jun 2008
Messages
1,066
They changed it again??????? It was advertised as 86101!

First it was a DRS Class 47, then it was 87002, then they advertised it as 86101 and now it is a god damn shed!

I think your getting your wires crossed, it was never advertised as any of those, plus it is going to York not Carlisle.
 

Fred26

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2010
Messages
1,107
As we all know, tomorrow is going to be a big day as far as railtours go because we have no less than five steam tours going and three diesel hauled rail tours going. Most of which are going through my local area.

This is how tomorrow is going to plan for tomorrow:

@ 0754 The Festive St. Nicholas Explorer from Nuneaton to Carlisle hauled by 86101 stops at Rugeley Trent Valley and then departs at 0756
@0848 The Deva Explorer hauled by 45305 'Alderman E. Draper' from Tyseley to Chester stops at Walsall before departing at 0850
@0916 The York and Durham Festival Explorer from Westbury to Durham arrives at Birmingham New Street before departing at 0936
@13:08 The Capital Christmas Express hauled by the damn black 5 arrives into London Waterloo.
@13:30 A diesel, possibly a class 37, pulls that damn black 5 out of London Waterloo to head to Clapham Yard
@14:16 The Tynsider pulled by 60007 'Sir Nigel Gresley' arries into London kings Cross
@14:45 A diesel, possibly a class 67 pulls 60007 out of London Kings Cross to Ferme Park
@16;12 A diesel brings in 60019 'Bittern' into London kings Cross
@16:36 The tynesider pulled by 60019 'Bittern' pulls out of London kings Cross
@17:02 A diesel brings that damn black 5 back into London Waterloo
@17:18 that damn black 5 pulls out of London Waterloo with The Capital Christmas Express

So, as you can see, it is going to be a hectic day for me tomorrow and you will all get to see everything on the forums Sunday!

It's been a while since I've been this confused by a post.

Are you travelling on these trains?
Where are you travelling from/to?

I only ask because your post might as well be written in Chinese for all the hope I have of understanding it.
 

craig87034

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2009
Messages
587
So the skips you'll see tomorrow

67005 on the Westbury-York
67020 on the Nuneaton-York

ta to the top man
 

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Joined
21 Nov 2010
Messages
1,217
Location
Brereton, Rugeley, Staffordshire
It's been a while since I've been this confused by a post.

Are you travelling on these trains?
Where are you travelling from/to?

I only ask because your post might as well be written in Chinese for all the hope I have of understanding it.

Basically we have to be at those stations at those times to get the trains. It is complicated and I don't blame you for asking.

We start from Rugeley Trent Valley then travel to Walsall on The Chase Line and then from Walsall to Birmingham New Street, Birmingham New Street to Euston and then the tube to Waterloo and Kings Cross.


It's okay, other sites have been calling other locos, I went on there and saw what they had said so I apologise to yourself

So the skips you'll see tomorrow

67005 on the Westbury-York
67020 on the Nuneaton-York

ta to the top man

And they changed that tour because it wasd originally going to Durham, unless they terminated at York and another tour went up to Durham?
 

craig87034

Member
Joined
21 Oct 2009
Messages
587
Basically we have to be at those stations at those times to get the trains. It is complicated and I don't blame you for asking.

We start from Rugeley Trent Valley then travel to Walsall on The Chase Line and then from Walsall to Birmingham New Street, Birmingham New Street to Euston and then the tube to Waterloo and Kings Cross.



And they changed that tour because it wasd originally going to Durham, unless they terminated at York and another tour went up to Durham?

My mistake was allways going to Durham
Can confirm its 67005 also
67027 is on the Nuneaton-York
 

Fred26

Member
Joined
5 Mar 2010
Messages
1,107
Basically we have to be at those stations at those times to get the trains. It is complicated and I don't blame you for asking.

We start from Rugeley Trent Valley then travel to Walsall on The Chase Line and then from Walsall to Birmingham New Street, Birmingham New Street to Euston and then the tube to Waterloo and Kings Cross.

Thank you.
 

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Joined
21 Nov 2010
Messages
1,217
Location
Brereton, Rugeley, Staffordshire
Yep, can confirm we didn't get the first train because they had coupling problems or something or other, my brother got it in Stafford

Everything else went back to tour and bang on form as well, will post the videos up for you all tomorrow to let you all see
 

37401

Established Member
Joined
12 Nov 2008
Messages
3,276
Location
Birmingham
They changed it again??????? It was advertised as 86101!

First it was a DRS Class 47, then it was 87002, then they advertised it as 86101 and now it is a god damn shed!


Ermm..., I think your confused a bit there

Yesterday was also 67018 up the WCML on a WSMR service and the usual 57 Rugex
 

MCR247

Established Member
Joined
7 Nov 2008
Messages
10,292
Sorry, but I have to say that I agree with Chester025
 

voyagerdude220

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2005
Messages
4,283
Is there a real need to have 50 seconds worth of 'starting titles'? :roll:

I was actually just about to ditto this, before scrolling below the post with the links to the vids and realising that you beat me to it.

I think it's nice to have some sort of 'intro' to the vid, but i personally wouldn't have it any longer than say 5-10 seconds.

It put me off wanting to watch the rest of the video.

I don't see any need for the :roll: 'IanPooleTrains' , as I think that MCR247 and Chester025 were giving you constructive feedback.
 

IanPooleTrains

Established Member
Joined
21 Nov 2010
Messages
1,217
Location
Brereton, Rugeley, Staffordshire
I was actually just about to ditto this, before scrolling below the post with the links to the vids and realising that you beat me to it.

I think it's nice to have some sort of 'intro' to the vid, but i personally wouldn't have it any longer than say 5-10 seconds.

It put me off wanting to watch the rest of the video.

I don't see any need for the :roll: 'IanPooleTrains' , as I think that MCR247 and Chester025 were giving you constructive feedback.

I do understand they were giving me constructive feedback and I wasn't doing it just for their comments, I was doing it as a general thing.

When I started, I put the videos in but then I branched out and put a twenty second old style intro in but now I have this intro and I feel that this intro is part of me, part of who I am.

But if people just don't like it because of the intro, it kinda says something about them. I would rather people rate the footage and not on the basis that they just don't like a long intro.

Obviously, I do do some vids without the intro, mainly because, as my brother is finding out right now, his intro is outlasting the actual title, and people are getting fed up of that.

With my intro though, I do try and put it on the majorly big stuff so that the content outpowers the intro.

It's like some TV programs, sometimes you get a little teaser intro into the show and then the main content of the show.

So it isn't that I don't understand what they are saying because I do understand and I do take this in as well but my YouTube channel has had no complaints about it and no dislikes either. Well, one dislike but that was because someone didn't like the fact I zoomed out too quickly, which was my fault totally.

Matter of fact, I welcome all comments, I would rather people be honest with me and be up front about it. Sure, I might be a little hacked off about it but I would rather people were honest.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top