Trans Pennine Express operate from Manchester to Glasgow and Edinburgh along the West Coast Mainline. What would be the feasibility of instead redirecting this service calling at:
Manchester Airport
Manchester Piccadilly
Manchester Oxford Road
Bolton
Blackburn
Clitheroe
Settle
Appleby
Carlisle
Lockerbie
Then either Motherwell and Glasgow Central or Haymarket and Edinburgh?
I know that electrification of the Chat Moss Line means this is a bit of a fantasy-land idea but I'd imagine anything that avoids the WCML for a bit would be a boon and it's not much of a diversion for full distance passengers as the calls are roughly the same number as using the WCML route.
Also it will obviously be closer to the Pennines!
Manchester Airport
Manchester Piccadilly
Manchester Oxford Road
Bolton
Blackburn
Clitheroe
Settle
Appleby
Carlisle
Lockerbie
Then either Motherwell and Glasgow Central or Haymarket and Edinburgh?
I know that electrification of the Chat Moss Line means this is a bit of a fantasy-land idea but I'd imagine anything that avoids the WCML for a bit would be a boon and it's not much of a diversion for full distance passengers as the calls are roughly the same number as using the WCML route.
Also it will obviously be closer to the Pennines!