Steddenm
Established Member
In the summer why can't GWR run a boat train service from London Paddington to Fishguard Harbour to connect with the night sailing (2345) to Rosslare Europort (Stena a0330-0400 depending on sea conditions), and return at 2303 instead of the ATW service for passengers coming off the afternoon sailing from Rosslare EP.
I would have the service call at...
Reading (pick up only towards FGH, set down towards PAD)
Swindon (connect with services from Didcot)
Bristol Parkway (connect with Bristol TM, the Westcountry, Gloucester, Cheltenham, the Midlands)
Newport (connections from Hereford, Shrewsbury, the north west and north Wales)
Cardiff Central
Bridgend
Port Talbot Parkway
Neath
Swansea (reverse)
Llanelli
Carmarthen (connections to Milford Haven, Pembroke Dock)
Clarbeston Road (up only)
Fishguard and Goodwick
Fishguard Harbour
Would certainly make travelling to the port easier!
All it would be is the extension of a HST and wouldn't need catering after Swansea.
Yes, I know they have done it in the past and I used it a few times in the 90s and was actually quite heavily loaded.
Then maybe Iarnród Éireann can pull their finger out and have trains that actually connect at their own port in Rosslare!
I would have the service call at...
Reading (pick up only towards FGH, set down towards PAD)
Swindon (connect with services from Didcot)
Bristol Parkway (connect with Bristol TM, the Westcountry, Gloucester, Cheltenham, the Midlands)
Newport (connections from Hereford, Shrewsbury, the north west and north Wales)
Cardiff Central
Bridgend
Port Talbot Parkway
Neath
Swansea (reverse)
Llanelli
Carmarthen (connections to Milford Haven, Pembroke Dock)
Clarbeston Road (up only)
Fishguard and Goodwick
Fishguard Harbour
Would certainly make travelling to the port easier!
All it would be is the extension of a HST and wouldn't need catering after Swansea.
Yes, I know they have done it in the past and I used it a few times in the 90s and was actually quite heavily loaded.
Then maybe Iarnród Éireann can pull their finger out and have trains that actually connect at their own port in Rosslare!