LudwigTails
Member
this is more of a quick trip (report) 2 weeks after my trip to exeter.
This trip takes me up to Loughborough where a friend of my mother's allow me to stay at their place for a couple days. So i began my journey from Brighton to Victoria and took the tube to St Pancras. And my first ever EMR ride and Class 222 was 222 022 (lot of 2s haha) running 1F47 1432 from St Pancras up to Sheffield (I be getting off at Loughborugh), the ride was quite okay. I was laughing at whenever I pass snail pace Thameslink trains and passing Luton stations (I only hear that the 2 places are bad or was it because the name Luton was a slur for hell?). The 222 were alright with padded seats and i like their seats and its winged headrest that I can lean on. The seats were black colour and are they the refurbished seats on the 222s? And I also spotted a lot of locomotives when departing from Leicester from 58s, 56s, 37s, 60s, 47s and theres even the colas HSTs with the EuroPhoenix class 91 in the middle of 2 MK3s. (And 43303 was on that consist sitting by the depot, and they were behind my consist on my Cross Country HST trip back in last year from Leeds to Plymouth!!). I arrived at Loughborough and filmed 222 022 departed and gave me a tone too while leaving! Before I head over to my mother's friend's place for the day, their place is also quite close to where GCR is too though sadly my plans didnt include the GCR as my time was limited there.
Second day was kind of the main point of why I went to Loughborough first and its a place I have always wanted to go to but I couldnt because I live in Brighton. And this location is Crewe!! Took a 10am train on 222 taking me to Derby first and passing the (to my knowledge) the last coal powered power station by East Midland Parkway too! At derby I took a class 170 (my first ever class 170) too and it was 170 530, the interior is green and I think its a ex-west midland/london midland 170 (can somebody tell me which ex-170 that is?). And from there took me from Derby to Crewe! I walked to a nearby Tesco Extra for lunch before heading over to the Crewe Heritage center too! And lucky me it was heritage open day and so its admission fee was free! The first thing I saw in the wearhouse was 90 150 and i quickly went ahead and took a picture of it! Then went outside to take plenty pictures of the locos that were displayed outside. 43s, 91s, DVTs, and even the loco hauled MK3! Still suprised me how they were able to preserve 2 pretendolino MK3s. And of course the main exhibition of Crewe Heritage Center! The APT 370 003 and 370 006 (for some reason a couple carriages from 006 and the one including the model of the APT was not opened). APT looks stunning. And I was able to get a picture with it and from the north junction obversation deck with a class 390 side to side too! (As in a 370 on the left and a 390 on the right of the picture). After that I left crewe heritage center and returned to Crewe station. Before I took the same 170 back to Derby. I train spotted a northern 323 (229) out of crewe to manchester and gave me a big 2 tone as it left! And a Class 390 (008) from Blackpool North headed back to London and gave me tones too as it departed! Not to mention I get to see LSL's depot near the station where their 90s and 87 and a lot more MK3 and MK2 stabled there, Class 89 was also in the mix with the locomotives!! And later headed back to Derby on the same 170 and 222 010 from derby back to Loughborough.
Day 3 was the day where I had to go home, but before that a lunch! The family brought me over to a weather spoon which for some reason I never heard of nor ate at before. Tried out their Lasagne and it was pretty good! Then head back home for a quick game with the family members before I headed back to Loughborough and begin my return journey. Took 222 010, the same 222 that took me from Derby yesterday and headed back to london. Had a katsu curry rice dinner at st pancras before take the victoria line to victoria and take a southern train back to Brighton, and something surprising happen. After I arrived at Brighton and was about to take a picture of the 377 i was on that took me from London. The driver saw me taking pictures and just invited me up to the cab of the 377! It was 377 426. I have arrived in the UK 2 years ago and my first ever train ride from Brighton to London was also on a 377, and 2 years later I finally get to cab one!! After that I was a happy man and headed back home!!
Quite the fun 3 days out i'd say!
This trip takes me up to Loughborough where a friend of my mother's allow me to stay at their place for a couple days. So i began my journey from Brighton to Victoria and took the tube to St Pancras. And my first ever EMR ride and Class 222 was 222 022 (lot of 2s haha) running 1F47 1432 from St Pancras up to Sheffield (I be getting off at Loughborugh), the ride was quite okay. I was laughing at whenever I pass snail pace Thameslink trains and passing Luton stations (I only hear that the 2 places are bad or was it because the name Luton was a slur for hell?). The 222 were alright with padded seats and i like their seats and its winged headrest that I can lean on. The seats were black colour and are they the refurbished seats on the 222s? And I also spotted a lot of locomotives when departing from Leicester from 58s, 56s, 37s, 60s, 47s and theres even the colas HSTs with the EuroPhoenix class 91 in the middle of 2 MK3s. (And 43303 was on that consist sitting by the depot, and they were behind my consist on my Cross Country HST trip back in last year from Leeds to Plymouth!!). I arrived at Loughborough and filmed 222 022 departed and gave me a tone too while leaving! Before I head over to my mother's friend's place for the day, their place is also quite close to where GCR is too though sadly my plans didnt include the GCR as my time was limited there.
Second day was kind of the main point of why I went to Loughborough first and its a place I have always wanted to go to but I couldnt because I live in Brighton. And this location is Crewe!! Took a 10am train on 222 taking me to Derby first and passing the (to my knowledge) the last coal powered power station by East Midland Parkway too! At derby I took a class 170 (my first ever class 170) too and it was 170 530, the interior is green and I think its a ex-west midland/london midland 170 (can somebody tell me which ex-170 that is?). And from there took me from Derby to Crewe! I walked to a nearby Tesco Extra for lunch before heading over to the Crewe Heritage center too! And lucky me it was heritage open day and so its admission fee was free! The first thing I saw in the wearhouse was 90 150 and i quickly went ahead and took a picture of it! Then went outside to take plenty pictures of the locos that were displayed outside. 43s, 91s, DVTs, and even the loco hauled MK3! Still suprised me how they were able to preserve 2 pretendolino MK3s. And of course the main exhibition of Crewe Heritage Center! The APT 370 003 and 370 006 (for some reason a couple carriages from 006 and the one including the model of the APT was not opened). APT looks stunning. And I was able to get a picture with it and from the north junction obversation deck with a class 390 side to side too! (As in a 370 on the left and a 390 on the right of the picture). After that I left crewe heritage center and returned to Crewe station. Before I took the same 170 back to Derby. I train spotted a northern 323 (229) out of crewe to manchester and gave me a big 2 tone as it left! And a Class 390 (008) from Blackpool North headed back to London and gave me tones too as it departed! Not to mention I get to see LSL's depot near the station where their 90s and 87 and a lot more MK3 and MK2 stabled there, Class 89 was also in the mix with the locomotives!! And later headed back to Derby on the same 170 and 222 010 from derby back to Loughborough.
Day 3 was the day where I had to go home, but before that a lunch! The family brought me over to a weather spoon which for some reason I never heard of nor ate at before. Tried out their Lasagne and it was pretty good! Then head back home for a quick game with the family members before I headed back to Loughborough and begin my return journey. Took 222 010, the same 222 that took me from Derby yesterday and headed back to london. Had a katsu curry rice dinner at st pancras before take the victoria line to victoria and take a southern train back to Brighton, and something surprising happen. After I arrived at Brighton and was about to take a picture of the 377 i was on that took me from London. The driver saw me taking pictures and just invited me up to the cab of the 377! It was 377 426. I have arrived in the UK 2 years ago and my first ever train ride from Brighton to London was also on a 377, and 2 years later I finally get to cab one!! After that I was a happy man and headed back home!!
Quite the fun 3 days out i'd say!