• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Music you play while playing rail Sim/Music good for rail sim

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,518
Location
Yorkshire
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpeRShWMdYM personal favorite for some Class 91 WCML, London - Peterbrough High speed thrashing

yours?
For the benefit of anyone reading this who is unable to access YouTube, the link is to S'Express - Theme from S'Express .

A fine tune, but perhaps a bit distracting for playing a simulator.

I would nominate the music to Sim City 4 for something more relaxing. I've not played the game for ages however I do occasionally listen to the music.

Or if you want something a bit more stimulating, perhaps some synthwave, such as the Kung Fury soundtrack may fit the bill.
 

D365

Veteran Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
13,197
I would nominate the music to Sim City 4 for something more relaxing. I've not played the game for ages however I do occasionally listen to the music.

Or if you want something a bit more stimulating, perhaps some synthwave, such as the Kung Fury soundtrack may fit the bill.

How did I know that would come up ;)
 

yorkie

Forum Staff
Staff Member
Administrator
Joined
6 Jun 2005
Messages
78,518
Location
Yorkshire
How did I know that would come up ;)
You know me too well :lol:

But, to be fair, it's a good choice! I do like a range of musical styles, much of which would be too distracting for a simulator.
 

D365

Veteran Member
Joined
29 Jun 2012
Messages
13,197
I can agree with the SimCity soundtracks for sure, though I haven't listened to them (or played the games) in ages. Daft Punk I find goes well with a lot of transport simulator games, along with Lazerhawk, Digitalism or any other flavour of modern electronic music.

Often I find myself going back to the 80s as well, quite the eclectic mix!
 

Trainfan344

Established Member
Joined
13 Oct 2012
Messages
2,305
I just have a big playlist on Spotify that I boot up when I play simsig. Full of cheese and modern music as well as some golden oldies.
 

Wivenswold

Established Member
Joined
24 Jul 2012
Messages
1,570
Location
Essex
High Speed routes, Jamie XX, Roots Manuva, Herbaliser. Urban - The Fall, Joy Division, Kate Tempest and rural I go for something rustic like Tim Buckley or Nick Drake. Likewise when I drive my car.
 
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top