• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Murder inquiry 'after woman pushed under Tube train during joke'

Status
Not open for further replies.

pinkpanther

Member
Joined
10 Jul 2009
Messages
134
Location
Bournemouth
I read that the woman is being held in a male prison, on account of 'her' undergoing a sex change operation from man to woman.

I don't know the full details, but I am sure that these two sets of circumstances may explain what happened when it goes to court.

Unfortunately that's not unusual for our prison system, as I believe it works solely on the basis of legal gender as opposed to physical sex or gender presentation. For anyone in transition (in either direction) or (for that matter) for intersex or intergendered people, that's can be a pretty rough deal.

If the alleged assailant possessed a Gender Recognition Certificate she would almost certainly have been sent to a female prison instead.
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top