• Our new ticketing site is now live! Using either this or the original site (both powered by TrainSplit) helps support the running of the forum with every ticket purchase! Find out more and ask any questions/give us feedback in this thread!

Moving to Standard Premium part way through journey .....

Status
Not open for further replies.

mgood

Member
Joined
5 Jun 2011
Messages
49
Cost of Standard Premium is £25 from Crewe but only £15 from Stafford.

With a ticket from Crewe and assuming the train stops at Stafford, if I move into SP from Stafford would I still be required to pay £25 (because my ticket is from Crewe) or only £15 as I moved into SP at Stafford ?

Thanks
 
Sponsor Post - registered members do not see these adverts; click here to register, or click here to log in
R

RailUK Forums

Bletchleyite

Veteran Member
Joined
20 Oct 2014
Messages
113,749
Location
"Marston Vale mafia"
I'd imagine £15 as if you'd boarded there off the LNR, however it would be very prudent to speak to the guard in advance of doing this, as otherwise they may simply not believe you haven't been there the whole time.
 

Flying Snail

Established Member
Joined
12 Dec 2006
Messages
2,048
If the guard just finds you in SP then he will expect the Crewe fare. If you approach him first and make it clear you want to occupy SP after Stafford then I would expect most would be fine with charging you the lesser amount and if not you still have the option of staying put in standard class.
 

Merseysider

Established Member
Fares Advisor
Joined
22 Jan 2014
Messages
5,628
Location
Birmingham
Are you travelling to MKC? If so, your prices are correct.

To London, BRFares shows the fare as £25 from both Crewe and Stafford.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top